• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the OM Wine Access suggestion

View attachment 1744722

I hope it’s satisfactory?

One of those nights here.

BEA42D72-2AD9-489D-9159-1BEA497232AC.jpeg

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope it’s satisfactory?

One of those nights here.

View attachment 1744796

It was tasty and did not last long. Great rec for the wine and for Wine Access. They give you a lot of redeemable codes throughout the year compared to other sites making it a no brainer to buy from. Also, we have had some super cold weather here so they delayed shipping to make sure it arrived ok which other vendors do not do.

ULCajun

Reaction score
Anyone get into the WineBerserker day today?
I’m close to pulling the trigger on a couple of things.

brianoh

Reaction score
^ thanks for putting this on my radar. How do you know what's good? Seems like mostly smaller producers and a bit difficult to navigate

ULCajun

Reaction score
^ thanks for putting this on my radar. How do you know what's good? Seems like mostly smaller producers and a bit difficult to navigate
Yea it’s a bit of a cluster but I think the point of it is to put some small operations on your radar. There won’t be all that much info on them so I’m just going off of what I read in the sale threads and the reddit discussion on it.
This is my fist year so I’m still feeling it out.

brianoh

Reaction score
I wish I never saw your post, I ended up buying 2 cases, a 6 pack of olive oil / basalmic from spain and 10 x 10oz dry aged strips. It's just money!

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would love to hear more about how you guys evaluate and choose wines. I'm a relative newbie to wine. I mostly drank scotch and armagnac for years (and still do), but since I got into cooking a few years ago I've been trying to pick better wines.
what armagnac producers do you recommend?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone get into the WineBerserker day today?
I’m close to pulling the trigger on a couple of things.
Sojourn is solid if you like the Napa/Cali style Pinots.
DiCostanzo is an old-world style (restrained) cab, really good value.
Black Cat/EMH has some really good cabs as well.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Local (ish) wine store Zachys is have a moving sale. They marked down a whole bunch of bottles to $78 some from $199. I guess they rather we pay for the moving expense by charging us shipping, but could the wine be that solid if going from $199 to $78? I did see some solid names, but those at less of a discount %

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what armagnac producers do you recommend?

Unfortunately the answer often becomes "Whatever is available?"

Not a ton out there thats easy to get.

In my experience Delord and Laubade are the easiest to find. I've had some Laubade I thought was really excellent and some only so-so.

I've had a few Lacquy I've liked a lot, same with Pellehaut. Both harder to find than Delord or Laubade.

Laubade offers numbered year bottles, which can be interesting to sample (though they are usually all $150+). I've been thinking of picking up my birth year, but judging by the price, it was a bad weather year in Gascony.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Unfortunately the answer often becomes "Whatever is available?"

Not a ton out there thats easy to get.

In my experience Delord and Laubade are the easiest to find. I've had some Laubade I thought was really excellent and some only so-so.

I've had a few Lacquy I've liked a lot, same with Pellehaut. Both harder to find than Delord or Laubade.

Laubade offers numbered year bottles, which can be interesting to sample (though they are usually all $150+). I've been thinking of picking up my birth year, but judging by the price, it was a bad weather year in Gascony.
I saw K&L has some barrel strength vintage Laubade- but obviously I’d want to sample at those prices to see which vintages are stronger.

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First Bottle has this Rioja for $33/btl and it is a pretty good drink at this price.

If you need a referral code: https://www.firstbottlewines.com/invite/e9ef9d2051a1d8bf1809.html

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads