• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

NJE66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some hard to beat value in South Africa cabernet sauvignon like ones like this
20220108_193228.jpg

ULCajun

Reaction score
Last Bottle has a School House trio up for about $33 a bottle. I'm in.
I discovered last bottle during the marathon. It was moving so fast. AlI could do was click buy buy buy. Spent a couple hundred by the time it was over.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I discovered last bottle during the marathon. It was moving so fast. AlI could do was click buy buy buy. Spent a couple hundred by the time it was over.
Hit Last Bottle and Somm Select fairly regularly, but Wine Access is probably my favorite.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven’t posted the stuff I had earlier this week but some solid South African blend tonight
View attachment 1744621

I've wondered about the EE stuff. When I bought my case of SA wines, I stayed away from the EE stuff since it is linked to a celebrity. Unless this is in no way linked to the golfer.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to hear more about how you guys evaluate and choose wines. I'm a relative newbie to wine. I mostly drank scotch and armagnac for years (and still do), but since I got into cooking a few years ago I've been trying to pick better wines.

I have about 250 bottle capacity storage - my dad passed me a fridge when he expanded into a larger build out, and I'm using about 55 of it. The vast majority of my current storage is Napa Cab and Bordeaux.

I have know idea when looking at tasting rankings which of these are actually more "trustworthy".

Also, anyone use Cellartracker? Are the values accurate or way low? Almost any time I compare community value to prices for sale, the prices for sale are far outside the com value.

Thanks!

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know it has been discussed here before, but my forum search skills are rather abysmal, what are some of the glasses mentioned here that weren't Riedel? @NJE66 has one in particular that is wider at the bottom.
Not as striking at NJE66s, but Costco has some similar ones.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly I have stuck with online ordering for the most part and use various sites to curate my wine selection. I use Wine Access, Last Bottle and First bottle, Somm Select, and Full Pull Wines. There are a couple other stores that have daily type deals but I use these sites to see what pops up and try them. I tend to stick in the $20-$30 personally.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads