• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

NJE66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've still yet to explore South American wines in general, what do you find different about a cabernet sauvignon from Argentina as compared to CA? Or even in comparison to multi-cepage wine from BDX?
Oh, hard one since I drink some but don't really a lot of Napa Cab, nor a lot from Argentina either. Mostly drink CS from South Africa which I believe come closest to Bordeaux in tasting profile but they mature a lot faster. Argentina and Chile are more herbal and sometimes some green notes like bell pepper. More fruty when young but towards more cool climate character. Earthy notes when starting to mature. I guess Cali keep the fruit also with age in a impressive way

Would be sweet if I get around to do more Cali cab but had Montalena quite recently, believe that was my last one

@Omega Male knows his way around SAF as well obviously Cali so I guess he can fill in

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Decent $20 Argentine quaffer.

IMG_1324 3.jpg

domdomdomdom

Reaction score
Oh, hard one since I drink some but don't really a lot of Napa Cab, nor a lot from Argentina either. Mostly drink CS from South Africa which I believe come closest to Bordeaux in tasting profile but they mature a lot faster. Argentina and Chile are more herbal and sometimes some green notes like bell pepper.

I appreciate the response. Wines with a lot pyrazines showing an herbal/peppery character are right up my alley. But at the same time, I could find that and then some in some good Loire CF or Northern Rhone syrah. I’ll have to check some stuff out though, if for nothing more than education.

NJE66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@domdomdomdom
Northern Rhône syrah such as Côte-Rôtie is together with Barolo among my absolut favourite style. Oregon pinot noir starting to get there as well. There are some but a bit limited access for them in Sweden

Last night, was convinced I posted it but don't seems to be the case
20210918_154013.jpg

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@NJE66 - The Americans got 3 in a row on you but then again...you are drinking solo.

NJE66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@NJE66 - The Americans got 3 in a row on you but then again...you are drinking solo.
Yeah, quite embarrassing. Honest mistake though, I really thought that Barolo was posted last night but missed that. Guess I do a back to back on team USA instead. That Rioja reserva '15 of yours would be my kind of wine

Inspired by your move I go for a reserva myself,
20210911_170607.jpg

stro

Reaction score
20210921_202318.jpg

well this isn't a beaujolais but seeing's how i am a gentleman, i am not gonna make my wife drink it all by herself.

i think that's 3 straight for america and 2 straight for dribblers. you can't see mine but it's a lot worse than the above! :thumbs-up:

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads