• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

NJE66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bloody hell, this 2011 Toro is s beast. Needed some power for a ribeye
20210227_164100.jpg

Some fresh flowers, all for you guys

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is my Mom's birthday today, the first since she passed. She loved champagne, as do all right-thinking people.

IMG_0409.jpg

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife didn’t know Stags Leap was a wine district and not just a winery so she ordered this from LB. Even after some time to breathe, I feel like this needs some time in the bottle before it reaches potential. I taste a great bottle in there...

1E8D37E1-98E5-4DA5-BF6E-F847181611CB.jpeg

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1646367B-38E9-4B60-A3D7-47373DEF41E4.jpeg

decanted for 1 hour with another to go. Got a full prime rib reverse searing in the oven now. Should be good

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Had this the other day, picked it up by chance from my local wine merchant.
Amazing wine, highly recommended. Probably the best sub £50 I ever had (though I am not an expert...)
UAQZBYR.jpg
+1 for the photography

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you haven’t used WineAccess before, here’s how to get 2 bottles of Krug 168eme for $150 each, shipped. This is one of my favorite NV champagne. My local price is $190 :(

Lots of Napa Cabs and Barolos at WineAccess, too.

https://www.wineaccess.com/catalog/krug ... a212cddb5/

Here’s my referral link for $50 off your first order of $150 - (I get $50, too)

http://share.wineaccess.com/v/matt_52

Use the referral above and place your first order for a bottle of Krug or anything else.

Then, to get your second bottle for $150, click this link for an additional $50 off $150 coupon and place your second order: http://wineaccess.com/2020

This link is available for existing accounts. I get nothing from the link.

I’ve avoided Wineaccess until now. For me, a total discount of $100 off $300 seemed worthwhile to signup. Shipping included. There’s no long term commitment.

Last edited:

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And to keep the TNs going on champagne:

NV Larmandier Bernier Latitude
EBC2A3CD-6B1F-43D3-A0B6-9AF12875D803.jpeg

Initially, dry and crisp. Yeasty. Minimal fruit, but well balanced. Over time, flavors of apple and pear. A NV champagne of balance overall. I’m a fan, but in the $50 range I may prefer Delamotte’s BdB.

And non bubbles:

Goodfellow Deux Vert
An Oregon Syrah + Viognier blend. My favorite Cote Roties, like Saint Cosme, often blend a bit of Viognier so I’m already biased to like this. Goodfellow wines are a favorite. No one outside of Burgundy is going to make Burgundy, but Goodfellow makes a great Pinot and Chard. The wine here is unusual for their portfolio but delicious. Dark fruit and earth from the Syrah and lightness from the Viognier. This kept opening up in the glass. Could’ve gone longer in the cellar.

FC3545B9-88E7-4415-90CC-B6E5E3CB58F7.jpeg

Last edited:

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Catching up on this thread for the first time in a long time.

A few recent highlights:

2015 La Magia Brunello - this will benefit from another three years of aging. Terrific now, but further complexity will develop. I was curious and got a bit impatient with one of my bottles. Paired with berkshire pork, and it was exceptional.

2017 Attilio Ghisolfi Nebbiolo - this has all of the expressions of Barolo with a lot less power, so it makes it a lovely to drink young wine. Only wish I bought more.

1997 Chateau d'Yquem - simply stunning

Have a few incoming bottles that I'm very curious about — especially the two private labels from Wineaccess — since juice from Bryant Family and Harlan should be excellent even if it is analogous to a third wine from the estate. Additional shameless plug to give you $50 off $150 if you order from there.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the coupon, put it to good use! I like that they mix daily drinkers in with the big gun stuff.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 5.52.38 PM.png

Drinking CdP tonight.

1614563827549.png

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the coupon, put it to good use! I like that they mix daily drinkers in with the big gun stuff.

View attachment 1564759

Enjoy! Have heard excellent things about the Domaine du Gros Noré. I've only had one bad bottle from Wine Access, and it is more of a reflection of my taste than anything.

But since the company refunds you for bottles you dislike, that value proposition was enough for me to roll the dice on a terroir I know I don't love.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Enjoy! Have heard excellent things about the Domaine du Gros Noré. I've only had one bad bottle from Wine Access, and it is more of a reflection of my taste than anything.

But since the company refunds you for bottles you dislike, that value proposition was enough for me to roll the dice on a terroir I know I don't love.
They refunds for bottles you don’t like? (Not bottles that are tainted/corked)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads