• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6BA2E509-2085-4116-B7AE-D042FD760F19.jpeg

Second wine. And my dog lurking!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gentlemen, we do not stop until nightfall.
What about wine?
You've already had it.
We've had one, yes, but what about second wine?
I don't think she knows about second wine, OM.

View attachment 1505514
Lmao id call you out for being sucha loser...... but then again you are very small.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
20201126_132445.jpg

there was also a bottle of chardonnay that was whatever and a cab sav that i thought was like every other cab sav.

Also I really dont know anything about the bottles yall dudes post. I like your posts because the photos are pretty.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also I really dont know anything about the bottles yall dudes post. I like your posts because the photos are pretty.

I don't think anyone knows all the bottles. Some are well-known or famous, some are from clubs or lists that many of us belong to, and some are more regional and are probably only known to people from the same region.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, I'm doing a Cava evening tonight instead of a sabrage champagne friday. I still love you and all but got some obligation tonight. Doing s sabrage champers saturday instead to compensate.

Vintage 2016, good stuff
View attachment 1505876
Since I’m off today...
1606510845045.gif

NJE66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, being the all for sabrage saturday guy you better...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Some of the longer term posters will remember this story.

The two highest ranked SBs ever are Didier Dagueneau's Pur Sang and Merry's SB. I can't remember the vintages for sure at the moment, think Didier's was 04 and Merry's was more recent, but I lined up a bottle of each and then the chef at one of our spots designed a large tasting menu around the two wines. Hard to believe they were the same grape but both were wonderful in their own way.

esoxm

Reaction score
******* SommSelect hits me with an offer for 2000 Musar when I'm already buzzed on Thanksgiving. Borderline malpractice. This one went on the slush card ...

I bought into the same library release a few weeks back for a mixed case including the 2000, looks like Ian did about 20% better on price than my local guy offered, going to need to bring that up to him. We’ll have to compare notes on the 00.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Grange? I have to say that 95 Grange we popped a few months ago was pretty ******* incredible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads