• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You were reading the financial times. She was hoping to trade in for the newer model. When she realized you could only afford a cheap bottle of wine, that was it.
1590027311151.gif

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was talking to one of my friends at the time (when all the details were fresh and ****) and we were like: I don't think she knew what she wanted.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
HOW ABOUT FOR ONE MINUTE WE STOP NEEDLESSLY HATING ON OUR BRAVE HERO AND HAVE SOME SYMPATHY FOR ME BECAUSE I COULDVE GOTTEN IN ON THAT DIAMOND FORTUNE IF IT WERENT FOR THEM STUPID ASS JUDEO CHRISTIAN ETHICAL PRINCIPLES

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up two cases of Whispering Angel for my wife today... WFM somehow had the best price locally and ended up around $17 a bottle all said and done. Figure with the quarantine and the way temperatures look here, these 24 (plus the 5 I picked up last week) will go quickly if we aren’t leaving the house much for dinner

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HOW ABOUT FOR ONE MINUTE WE STOP NEEDLESSLY HATING ON OUR BRAVE HERO AND HAVE SOME SYMPATHY FOR ME BECAUSE I COULDVE GOTTEN IN ON THAT DIAMOND FORTUNE IF IT WERENT FOR THEM STUPID ASS JUDEO CHRISTIAN ETHICAL PRINCIPLES

That's why I only follow judo ethical principles.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also on the other end of the spectrum, anniversary is coming up and my case of Patty Green Bonshaw from our wedding year is sitting patiently in the basement. Maybe the year to start opening a bottle a year to see how they progress. I have plenty pricier bottles in the cellar but my wife prefers Pinot Noir and she and I both really like the PGC wines we’ve had (from the past 3 years on the wine list)

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Start cracking those bottles, Krish. Which anniversary?
Second. Bought the 2018 Bonshaw Block futures right around the time that 2016 got a 100 point rating (and unfortunately not long after Patty Green died). 2018 wasn’t as highly rated as 2016 but I know we like PGC wines and this is one of their higher bottlings so it’ll be a treat for sure

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pinot lovers, you're in luck in the 2018 Sonoma vintage, sez Jeb Dunnuck.

What is clear after spending weeks tasting through the 2018s is that this is a sensational vintage for Sonoma. This long, even growing season produced everything I look for in a great vintage: incredible top tier quality, a vast selection of absolutely beautiful wines at all price points, and wines that show their place of origin as well as singular characters. I have never tasted so many complex, elegant, yet also deep, textured, and layered Pinot Noirs from Sonoma as in 2018. I could say the same regarding Zinfandel. And while I think Chardonnay is slightly less successful, there are still massive numbers of beautiful wines in the vintage. Also, 2018 is a vintage where it’s easy to taste the differences between the multitude of appellations. Sonoma Coast, Petaluma Gap, and Russian River Valley Pinot Noirs all show classic characters, and the regions as well as the style of the producers show beautifully in these wines.

It’s essential to understand that while only a handful of estates were making world-class wines in the past, that’s no longer the case today, with many new, exciting estates making incredible wines. While the benchmark estates certainly delivered the goods in 2018, readers should look at the wines from Aperture Cellars, Arista, Blue Farm, Boars’ View, Capture, Cattleya, Chev, CIRQ, Croix, Devil Proof, Ferren, Jeff Cohn, Lasseter Family, Limerick Lane, Lynmar, Mauritson, Ram’s Gate, Shared Notes, Sojourn Cellars, and Wayfarer, just to name a few of the exciting producers in this report.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_1570.jpg

80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Merlot, 8% Petit Verdot, 4% Cabernet Franc. Deep-pocketed owner but mostly left to do their own thing, in the this-goes-up-to-11 style. Not a Booth wine.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads