• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

Nemesis_4

Reaction score
I think the marathon that LB runs is fairly decent and they run some good deals - you just need to be quick on the draw - some deals will move in seconds. It's hard to research a vintage/winery you've never heard of/etc. in the marathon format.

I've bought some winners, for example during the last marathon I snagged Le Vieux Donjon '17 for $39 a bottle and Raymond Lafon '98 Sauternes for $18, but I've also taken chances before and bought some stinkers.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, "restrained" this is not. Do love grenache.

IMG_1275.jpg

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LB keeps booting me out when trying to purchase. Glad this is scaling well.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Currently their Hour of Power...first wine was $499 and now a Screaming Eagle for $2,199. Seems like OMs hour to shine!

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm not the one buying mags of Scarecrow!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I need to do a beauty shot of my stash.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The real problem is my wife is always home these days, so sneak deliveries are impossible. She is very firmly of the opinion that I have enough wine already.

Edit: I broke and bought the Groth Reserve. What's she going to do right now, start dating again?

PS: Also the Jaboulet Hermitage. Might as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb.

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've bought 8 so far. Just trying different things as they pop up...and my wife now has an account. She purchases based on how big of a discount from retail she can get.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like there are some good deals at auction these days as well

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like there are some good deals at auction these days as well
I've never paid much attention to the auction sites. Any particular recommendations?

Also, 3:00 PM is the new 5:00 PM. Cheers.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not an expert at all but I typically use winebid if I’m looking for WA wines but spectrum if I’m looking for larger lots of European wine

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads