1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Wine Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by audiophilia, Jul 20, 2009.

1. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

It would surprise me greatly if Broc used reverse osmosis, spinning cones, or any of the rest of that modern, high-tech stuff; but who knows?

Edit: According to the tech specs for the Broc white zin, the grapes were picked at under 21 Brix, which means that the maximum alcohol of the finished wine was under 11.75%.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  2. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

This was very tasty. I sure hope that it wasn't grocery store Champagne, though.

3. rossoz

rossoz Senior member

Any opinions on the Mira brand wines? It' being served in a few restaurants around here.

Thanks,

4. b1os

b1os Senior member

Another bottle of the Avior Riserva 2009. The room temperature pretty much makes chilling red wine mandatory. Didn't think about it, hence I was a bit disappointed at first. Slightly chilled it's good.

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  5. b1os

b1os Senior member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

No idea about the Chateau D'Arcins but Parker gave it a 90 in 2012 so it must be good right?

I had a couple of bottle of the 2005 Malmaison a couple of years ago and thought it was fantastic. Place by be just got a new case. I am hoping it is even better now.

Manton, I believe you said you had some Malmaison back when I first posted it, have you had any of the 05's recently?

7. patrickBOOTH

The mailmasinhad a short finish bitt blalbeetid, finish was ok dog short Charlie sheen

2 people like this.
  8. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

quoting for confidence

1 person likes this.
  9. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

I still have one bottle of that Malmaison, perhaps two. I thought it was fantastic the last time I had it, but I can't exactly recall when that was.

10. Eric Michael

Eric Michael Senior member

Drinking 2011 McManis Cab Sauv tonight... perhaps a bit too sweet/oaked for my taste, but still complimented a T-bone steak well.

Had a Coonawarra Cab Sauv the other night- really enjoyed the mint/eucalyptus notes. I'll look for more bottles from this region.

11. sdpappy

sdpappy Member

Was about to pull open my 1982 Pichon Lalande but decided this cold wouldn't allow me to appreciate it for my birthday so opened a sonoma coast pinot noir instead tonight.

12. patrickBOOTH

The Chateau D'Arcins was truly a great wine. Tons of structure there and it already getting a hint of that pruney flavor that generally wines that are a bit older get. I don't know if it just the vintage shining through, but a solid wine.

13. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Has anyone tried Bodegas El Nido Clio from Jumilla? I scored a couple of bottles on the cheap and I was interested in it as it is mainly a grape I've never heard of before. 70% Monastrell and the rest Cab. Sauv.

14. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

How much was it and where did you get it?

I had a $10 wonder last night, 2010 Hoyt, oddly sweet. A bit of a let down.

15. patrickBOOTH

I don't remember exactly how much, but I am going to swing by the place and grab another bottle or two and let you know. It is at this little discount wine place in Brooklyn that frequently has cheap gems. It was definitely under $25.

16. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior member

Terrible wine, sent it to me to taste and I will report back. Actually really liked that producer as I have had the El Nido labelled bottle in the past. I am enjoying the Jumilla from spain lately from Volver, and El Nido has seen their prices skyrocket.

1 person likes this.
  17. patrickBOOTH

$17.95 petty close to tip top fabrics

18. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

$7.19 for a bottle of 2012 Folonari Chianti. Hard to beat.

19. patrickBOOTH

I can't believe how cheap you can get pretty good Chianti's for.

1 person likes this.
  20. sdpappy

sdpappy Member

My favorite Chianti are the Fontodi Flaccianello and Felsina Rancia. Delicious!