• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Petrus1
Thank-you
pm me if you're interested in selling anything.

Some douchebag recently maintained one can only do this if one is licensed by the BATF.
teacha.gif

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I suspect somebody took my camera from the desk for their own use

so no pics, but tonight is Chateau Segondignac (AOC Medoc) 2006. A gift from the engagement party, actually. Will report back when I drink it.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Petrus1
. All wine needs the 2nd malo fermentation.
For someone who knows so much about wine, I'd be more careful making statements that are so entirely incorrect.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
another eye-tie tonight...
2007 Castello d'Albola Chianti Classico

This was one of the best Chianti's i've tasted yet, and I have 3 more bottles of it
smile.gif
bought it for something like $11... I highly recommend this as a daily drinker if you are into Chianti

Also the eye-tie we got for free from the restaurant owner last night... was an '83 bertani amarone ... hope it was kept well, can't wait to drink it!

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
if only that P was missing

The P is still free...it's the champagne that costs money.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Great article from the times on Barolo and Barbaresco.

and, Manton, I think the first few paragraphs are pretty funny given our conversation yesterday. Almost verbatim in some parts.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good article Gomey, and thanks for posting.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
In honour of Petrus, I plan to pick up a bottle or two of BN Saturday. Any labels I should look for?

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
In honour of Petrus, I plan to pick up a bottle or two of BN Saturday. Any labels I should look for?

The ones with the prettiest labels taste best.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have legit cellars or wine fridges? I feel like I shouldn't even buy things I don't plan on drinking for 5+ years since i have no storage... I have my basement but that is about it... I am quickly developing a love of the EYE-TIES...

My parents do have a wine fridge that stores probably 40-50 bottles I can take from them since they aren't using it... but I feel that will fill up rather quickly...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads