• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
this is all getting a little too advanced for me. Can we go back to talking about MILFS?

Why are you hung up on varietals? :roma:

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tattersall
How about sloppy-seconds??

I tried a 2000 Clos du Marquis this weekend and really enjoyed it. This is Leoville Las Cases' second wine, but unlike most other seconds, this one has it's own dedicated vineyard just a short distance from big brother. Very nice structure, strong tannins and nice black fruit. I may pick up some 2006 as it is pretty easily available and would be drinkable soon I think. Anyone else ever try this wine?

I have... ime think for the same price (at least the going price in manahttan) or less you can get a nicer 4th or 5th growth (or perhaps even 3rd).

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
2008 JL Giguiere Pinot Noir Mossback for dinner. WTSO buy a few weeks ago. Light earth, fruit and a tad of smoke on the nose, cherries, cola, and mild tannins on the tongue.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Love the Macons. Best deal in Burg.

Petrus1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuro
I have... ime think for the same price (at least the going price in manahttan) or less you can get a nicer 4th or 5th growth (or perhaps even 3rd).
It's their 3rd wine.
And my advice is to ignore that list made up in 1855 of the Bordeaux wines for the Paris exhibition. You have a handful of wines at the very top and any of the other top estates can sometimes make wine just as good on occasion. At any rate, the differences are not great and just amounts to small nuances.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
seriously? still?

i have to say if you are a sock puppet you are a most ingeniously crafted one.

and what the hell are you talking about? clos du marquis is leoville las cases's second wine

Petrus1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Dude, every single actual fact in this post is not only known to all the regulars in this thread, it's also already been posted int this thread.

Your time here is wasted, why not move on?

There are many neophytes and even some regular wine drinkers who don't know this. And if it doesn't apply to you then just move on.
And why do you peasants whose grandparents were probably drinking rot gut whisky get so offended when someone writes something? You sound a bit insecure to me and unsure of your social class. Sort of like Marvin Shanken at the wine Spectator
lol8[1].gif

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Petrus1
There are many neophytes and even some regular wine drinkers who don't know this. And if it doesn't apply to you then just move on.
And why do you peasants whose grandparents were probably drinking rot gut whisky get so offended when someone writes something? You sound a bit insecure to me and unsure of your social class. Sort of like Marvin Shanken at the wine Spectator
lol8[1].gif

There are only two real possibilites here.

1) You are who and what you say you are--an old man with a young wife, a lot of money and nice wine who likes to brag about himself and insult other people on the Internet.

2) A liar who made all of the above up but who still likes to brag about himself and insult other people on the Internet.

Either way, you are a worthless asshole. That should be clear even to you.

Petrus1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holden Caufield
I happened to be looking to buy some clothes but saw this food and wine section and had a question. It appears that Petrus is the expert here so I'll ask him. I inherited a small cellar from my grandfather, about 800 bottles, and was wondering if the wine is still good. It's sort of old and some of the bottles like this Clos de Beze and Clos de Tart are from 1959. Can burgundies this old still be drinkable?
Is that picture your girlfriend, she's really super.

Thank-you
pm me if you're interested in selling anything.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
shut up

nobody gives a flying **** who the **** you are

only nouveau riche like to brag about how much they think they know about wine

******* pedophile. find an old hag your own age why don't you instead of ******* girls old enough to be your great granddaughter

what the **** are you doing trying to seek approval from random strangers on the internet? you have that little self esteem?

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boom! Team Petrus igniting a raging inferno up in hurr.

wpid-shits_on_fire_yo.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads