The Official Wine Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by audiophilia, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Petrus1

Petrus1 Senior member

2. Petrus1

Petrus1 Senior member

I'm jumping on her Nuits for $32 next time at Z's.

Her Vosne-Romanee 1er was on Per Se's list for $340 [​IMG]

This is a wine from Vosne and is a blend of the premier cru vinyards there.

And her Richebourgh is also on the list but prices range from $1,000 to $2,700 [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Richeboug vinyard has a number of owners (Burgundy is very fragmented) so it depends on whose Richebourg it is. The DRC is the best.

3. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

You see, this is exactly what I mean about these newbie proles who read Wine Spectator. They're like those people who become born again Christians and become fanatical and behave like they're in a competition over who's right or who knows more.

Quoted for extreme intergallactic irony.

4. ama

ama Senior member

Quoted for extreme intergallactic irony.

Whatevz. Score another one for Team Petrus!

[​IMG]

5. Petrus1

Petrus1 Senior member

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Lulz. Carbonic maceration circumvents the need for a maloactic fermentation, per Jancis Robinson in my The Oxford Companion to Wine (the exact reason BN can/is released so young).

BOOM! Team Piob ftw.

You see, this is exactly what I mean about these newbie proles who read Wine Spectator. They're like those people who become born again Christians and become fanatical and behave like they're in a competition over who's right or who knows more. I can assure you that I've been drinking Burgundies a lot longer than Jancis who incidenly I happen to know. The carbonic is when the grapes are not crushed and sort of ferment inside the grape until they burst. All wine needs the 2nd malo fermentation. The BN is fermented very quickly that sometimes it's not even complete and the wine may still have some fizz to it. It doesn't go through the malo because it's bottled so fast and immediately consumed.

I like how you explain what carbonic maceration is, as some sort of answer or rebut, when it was never in question what that was. At least to us sane people. I also like how you previously held Jancis up as an authority, and now that she proves you wrong, she is to be marginalized. You see, my little troll puppet, malic acid production is greatly decreased in this process, thus there is no need for the MLF to happen in its full and usual course.

BOOM! Team Piob ftw.

You are a great troll puppet. I predict...by the end of next week = banhammer.

7. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

The Richeboug vinyard has a number of owners (Burgundy is very fragmented) so it depends on whose Richebourg it is. The DRC is the best.

The producer is AF Gros, one that a number of us have had good luck with in the past.

That seems a high price for a blend from the premier vinyards in Vosne.

hence the sad face (this is also from AF Gros)

8. tattersall

tattersall Senior member

I like how you explain what carbonic maceration is, as some sort of answer or rebut, when it was never in question what that was. At least to us sane people. I also like how you previously held Jancis up as an authority, and now that she proves you wrong, she is to be marginalized. You see, my little troll puppet, malic acid production is greatly decreased in this process, thus there is no need for the MLF to happen in its full and usual course.

BOOM! Team Piob ftw.

You are a great troll puppet. I predict...by the end of next week = banhammer.

I would just like to say that I scanned your post quickly and saw "Jancis" followed by "MLF" which of course I mis-read to include an i.

That is all.

9. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

I would just like to say that I scanned your post quickly and saw "Jancis" followed by "MLF" which of course I mis-read to include an i.

That is all.

Oh good, I'm not the only one!!! [​IMG]

10. ama

ama Senior member

Oh good, I'm not the only one!!! [​IMG]
    +2, Team Pio fights dirty. I can't believe they resort to subliminal messaging.

11. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

That is all.

for a fleeting moment, +1

12. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Really? We had no idea. Thanks.

13. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

+2, Team Pio fights dirty. I can't believe they resort to subliminal messaging.

LOL! Now I'm just waiting for this thread to return to being wine n00bie friendly again. [​IMG]

14. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

Those of us who only drink BN are thankful for this level of insight now being available on this board.

15. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

they have some of her '93 Clos de Vougeot as Crush. But it's $300 [​IMG]