• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Best $20 I ever spent brah.

Leo, at the bar of EMP, was describing how they made him pay like $50 because he meant to order 2 actual chocolate milk shakes (after his dinner at Alinea no less), but they wouldn't let him take it back after learning the total. And then the real **** happened.

Originally Posted by Piobaire
It's okay, plenty of good stuff left for us to drink.
damn right, but lack of Champs in Piotown has me bummin!

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
My fave...served it at our reception.

- B

NICE. I'm debating serving it at the reception, but it's all about the supply I can get at the time I need it. And bonuses this year. Will happily settle for Cristal or DP, these are much easier to obtain in quantity.

Originally Posted by indesertum
Nice! I got 138/152 on the prelim. 92% ftw.
damn right son, prelim domination is what the wine thread is all about
cheers.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
Leo, at the bar of EMP, was describing how they made him pay like $50 because he meant to order 2 actual chocolate milk shakes (after his dinner at Alinea no less), but they wouldn't let him take it back after learning the total. And then the real **** happened.
It's pretty insane in there. If you're in Chicago, we'll stop in for a dog, because the food is actually great. Weiner Circle is best at 4 AM when you're drunk off your ass and willing to part with $20 to see an enormous black woman shake her titty for you.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
bigstar[1].gif
thank you thank you. i think mean was in the 70s
smile.gif
so i'm happy. also steve olson came and did wines for us last week on spain. i think so far i like sherry a lot more than port. port kinda tastes like fruit jerky. I think the two memorable wines wines were Vall Lach's Embruix (it's a priorat) and bodega oliveras' altos de la hoya (which was a monastrell aka mouvedre from jumilla) Both were very very very very very good. In particular the monastrell was seriously good and I'm thinking of buying a case. At 8.99 it's a serious bargain. Well balanced, complex, fruit forward (full of dark berry fruits), good structure, decent alcohol, soft tannins, good acidity. Really good. when I had the embruix I was like OMG. When I had the monastrell I was like OMG, slightly better than embruix. Then when he showed the price I was
ffffuuuu.gif
must cop. If you see the oliveras monastrell, try it. At 8.99 it's definitely worth your money and in two days it's burgundy and the rhone
bounce2.gif
pretty excited

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Parents broke out the Dom to celebrate Giants' win. I had tea and went to bed.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
I expect plenty of eyetal representation at the fete.

It's way too early to tell (and who knows about logistics), but we think it'd be fun to pick the wine pairings for each course. Would like to get some good representation from the Finger Lakes, a little Burg, and the Eye-ties.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Has anyone here had Bond - St Eden variety - in the early 00s? I've happened upon a half case for a relative bargain and I'm wondering if they really are as good as people say they are.

I have had the St Eden, the Matriarch, and the Vecina (I think they were all 2002). All are well made wines particularly if you like big California wines. I was surprised at how big they were as I expected more balance, like a mini-Harlan. If you like big CA wines you will like these. I don't, and I didn't care for them.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know what sucks about getting an allocation from one of your fav wineries?

Not being able to by a Gosh Darned Thing!!!!!
censored.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Had a Rosenblum Viognier last night. Nice but not awesome.

Allocations should start arriving soon. Got an email that my Turley will be here Thursday. It's like Xmas for the next six weeks for me
smile.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Delicious $20 2005 Burg.
inlove.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads