• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by boowitter
Wow. What a pretentious twat you are.

Jealous of what, exactly? Your mad skillz as a name dropping twat? Yeah, that's right, twat.

Name dropping is gauche. Doing it as much as twatty is what it is. Talk to me when you grow a few hairs on your balls. Bzzzzzzzzzz. Bzzzzzzzzzz.

Foolish sock puppet is foolish.

Just ignore it.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
indesertum, did you have wine class on Wed?
i did. last week was america. only memorable ones i had were the herman j weimer riesling and and oregon pinot. cant find tasting notes. this week was loire and alsace. trimbach riesling and cheverny sauvignon blanc were winners. cheverny is near sancerre and pouilly and makes similar style, but less $$. the trimbach gewurtz stunk of lychee. delicious, but too sweet after the first drink. kinda like pepsi. also i found i really like the leaner style of riesling more. wiemer was excellent, but again kinda like pepsi. lots and lots of fruit. delicious at first, but prlly to overwhelmign later ill post links when i get a chance cant wait for burgundy

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I'm a big Loire white fan. Cheverny can be tough to find, but I've really liked the few bottles I've had.

And Wiemer is consistently one of my favroites. The dry riesling is what I usually pick up in quantity, great balance and zippy acidity. Not overly fruity for me, either.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
very acidic no doubt and id drink this with a lot of dishes, but i like the leaner loire style much more. the cheveryny honest to god tasted kinda like green piss or something. most delicious pisslike drink i've had

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I could freebase Chablis.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Got another Scarecrow letter. I will get an allocation or M Etain but it doesn't say how many nor the price.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
so they say you will get something - but it might be their second label even though you've purchased the first label in the past?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
so they say you will get something - but it might be their second label even though you've purchased the first label in the past?

This mailing is only about their second label. It's supposed to be out soon.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
wait - did you mean to say "allocation of" instead of "allocation or"?

note - I didz poast 7,000 in this thread, I'll drink to that later.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Now I see. Yeah, allocation of.

Friggin' stomach is kicking up. Not only did it ruin my golfing plans today, I was going to crack one of those boutique Cabs the owner of AP Vin released last year.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I could freebase Chablis.

Haven't tried this method, but maybe now I'll have to. Does it help release the aromas or something?

Originally Posted by Piobaire
Got another Scarecrow letter. I will get an allocation or M Etain but it doesn't say how many nor the price.

If you have to ask the price you clearly can't afford it.

cmsmith

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
A nice Albarino or Verdejo would compliment the Paella nicely. I also like a nice TorrontÃ
00a9.png
s.

Awesome, I have a Torrontes on hand which will do nicely, thanks!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cmsmith
Awesome, I have a Torrontes on hand which will do nicely, thanks!

That is a fantastic grape. Extremely underrated. Good call, P&A.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Girl outdid herself. Wonderful dinner. The wine complimented very well. The Gig was very good, not as characterful as some, but much better than last week's disappointment. The surprise was the Tandem. An outstanding Pinot from Sonoma. Layers of delicious cherry, licorice and smoke, with great balance and blended tannins. A lovely $29 surprise.

giggy.jpg

tandem.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads