Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Wine Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by audiophilia, Jul 20, 2009.

1. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

Your talents are lost in the finance world, Gome.
    they're also funded by the finance world. [​IMG] The orange blossom was awesome, and so vivid. Would buy again just for that as it brings back great memories.

2. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

Please have one on hand in June to bust my white wine cherry! Thanks.

[​IMG]

Damage may be done. And bring $$ if you're looking to pick up some bottles, my guy can get pretty much anything (Screaming Eagle, rare burgs, all first growths, multiple DRC, Salon mags, etc.). And it's not just new stuff, there is plenty with age and prime to drink, it's where I got the '86 La Mission. Plus, I get favorable prices.

3. audiophilia

audiophilia Senior member

Heading to Washington wine country in July.

Would like to visit some great wineries. Any suggestions much appreciated. Places to stay in Yakima and Walla Walla also appreciated.

Cheers, a

4. audiophilia

audiophilia Senior member

Damage may be done. And bring $$ if you're looking to pick up some bottles, my guy can get pretty much anything (Screaming Eagle, rare burgs, all first growths, multiple DRC, Salon mags, etc.). And it's not just new stuff, there is plenty with age and prime to drink, it's where I got the '86 La Mission. Plus, I get favorable prices.

I guess you're my new best friend.

[​IMG]

5. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Gomestar got da hookup. All over the place.

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

You're going to be stuck drinking mainly Left Coast wines when you come my way, Gome. Unless you bring a bottle or two. [​IMG]

7. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

You're going to be stuck drinking mainly Left Coast wines when you come my way, Gome.
    I've seen your CT. I'd say there are worse problems that one could have.

8. Piobaire

I've seen your CT. I'd say there are worse problems that one could have.

[​IMG]

9. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

I guess you're my new best friend. [​IMG]
    Gomestar got da hookup. All over the place.
    Indeed. Especially food and wine. And audio, let me know what restaurants you want to book for yourself, I'll see that it's taken care of.
    You're going to be stuck drinking mainly Left Coast wines when you come my way, Gome. Unless you bring a bottle or two. [​IMG]
    Will drink, I never turn down a new wine. I will, however, be bringing some worthy Eye-ties or Burgs.

10. Piobaire

Indeed. Especially food and wine.

Will drink, I never turn down a new wine. I will, however, be bringing some worthy Eye-ties or Burgs.

Burgs please. I'll hook us up at that place where I did my b-day dinner with a custom tasting menu.

11. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

Burgs please. I'll hook us up at that place where I did my b-day dinner with a custom tasting menu.

Nice. And I will need to pillage that Gelateria. At most, it'll be just about this time next year.

12. Piobaire

Nice. And I will need to pillage that Gelateria. At most, it'll be just about this time next year.

That's just kitty corner across a major intersection. Then we can walk over to another place for more cocktails [​IMG]

13. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

I am a mere 135 lbs, but based on stories I think I could handle more of the ABV than KWilk and thus keep pace. I'd have some wine shipped to you a month or so ahead of time. Plans are way far away, but I'd like to spend a few days in town, I really love it there. Such a contrast to what I do every minute of every day.

14. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I am a mere 135 lbs, but based on stories I think I could handle more of the ABV than KWilk and thus keep pace. Plans are way far away, but I'd like to spend a few days in town, I really love it there.

Outdrinking me and keeping up with Pio are nowhere even in the same universe.
    I wish you all the best. You have a year, I suggest you start training soon.

15. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

Outdrinking me and keeping up with Pio are nowhere even in the same universe.
    I wish you all the best. You have a year, I suggest you start training soon.

I might be able to maintain a pace, but I highly doubt a match. Just like a grizzly attack, I simply plan to run faster than you. [​IMG]