• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting deep dive into wine counterfeiting.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one seems genuine.

A36A96E7-F92F-4032-A772-00314B2AB13B.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Some recent.

20220630_155548.jpg
20220707_154027.jpg
20220708_173203.jpg
20220716_153151.jpg

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Interesting deep dive into wine counterfeiting.

Cheese seems like such an odd thing to counterfeit.

"guys, I have a great new scam for us, counterfeit cheese!"

" :eh:, ah ok, what do we do?"

"We gather up some cows/sheep, milk them, pasteurize the milk, then cool the milk, then we add starter and non-starter bacteria and ripen, next add renet and form curd, then we cut curd and heat, drain the whey, texture the curd, brine, form the cheese into blocks, store/age it and finally, package/wax it and we are golden!"

" :oops: jeez, sounds like a lot of work, what are we wholesaling this for, $5-$10k a kilo?

"$7 bucks!"

":fu::fu::fu:"

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back to the wine wasteland of PA after five weeks in L.A. It unexpectedly turned into a summer of drinking wines from Vini, Viti, Vinci—a negociant French oldhipster winemaker’s label. Don’t think most people in this thread are into the natural (yeah yeah meaningless) wine thing, but this stuff was delicious to us.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Back to the wine wasteland of PA after five weeks in L.A. It unexpectedly turned into a summer of drinking wines from Vini, Viti, Vinci—a negociant French oldhipster winemaker’s label. Don’t think most people in this thread are into the natural (yeah yeah meaningless) wine thing, but this stuff was delicious to us.

I’ve gotten into natural sparklers like Pet Nat’s. It’s all I’ve been drinking this summer.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve gotten into natural sparklers like Pet Nat’s. It’s all I’ve been drinking this summer.

Went to a hipster wine store to buy some sparkling stuff for a dinner at a friend's place. And apparently, the natural wine scene has progressed to grape + fruit combos? I really thought the clerk was trying to sell me some swill but I bought some grape + peach sparkling wine and it was... pretty good? Didn't taste like peach and was surprisingly acidic as well as dry.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Wow, Justin Smith (Saxum) really bumped some prices. Grabbed six each of Paderewski Vineyard, The Hexe, Rocket Block, and Heartstone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads