• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazed how much fruit and structure this had for 23 years in glass. Easy another ten years in it.
IMG951252.jpg

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2018 getting a lot of good write ups as a vintage. Kinda early to tell but the early indications are promising.

IMG_1217.jpg

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great choices last night.

2018 Casanova di Neri Rosso di Montalcino

The wine team there just gets my palette. Opened this early, but notes of black fruit, leather and fresh tobacco. Paired with Berkshire Pork Chops and corn on the cob. Matched the nuttiness of the pork and the sweetness of the corn.

Have several more bottles and am confident this has another 10 years in it. Makes me more excited for the Brunello release in due course.

2007 Chateau Suduiraut

No idea why Chateau Suduiraut doesn't get more love. Maybe because it doesn't have the celebrity of a d'Yquem, but better for me and my wallet. Honeycomb and vanilla curd as the dominant notes. Even at 14 years old, this still has power for days.

Have another bottle in the cellar and will give it 5 more years.

Attachments

• IMG_0142.JPG
    IMG_0142.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 15

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As an aside, Waterford calls this a bottle coaster/ashtray… lends itself much better as a cigar ashtray than a bottle coaster as it’s way too wide. Back to its silver counterpart

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good pinot.

IMG_1224.jpg

Had an East Coast college buddy staying with me for the last few days as his daughter was touring Stanford and UC Berkeley. They flew back this afternoon. He's a big wine guy and the recycle bin says we've still got it between us -- but have to say I can use an early night tonight.

?

NJE66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good pinot.

View attachment 1651908

Had an East Coast college buddy staying with me for the last few days as his daughter was touring Stanford and UC Berkeley. They flew back this afternoon. He's a big wine guy and the recycle bin says we've still got it between us -- but have to say I can use an early night tonight.

?
One of those things brother. Back to back to back to back nights are hard to handle these days

Follow your lead but going for a South African pinot noir. WinemakerJessica Saurwein. This is cool. Young (2019) but cool
20210812_192452.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads