• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Wine Thread

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Had a cheap, Spanish Monastrell tonight. It delivered.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Turley Casa Nuestra today. New blend for them - good, but needed a few years (or more ‘serious’ food)

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really enjoyed this.
@jbarwick how do you enjoy the Papillon? It may be subconscious bias, but I think I prefer the Palermo from all the OS Cabs I’ve tried to date.
It was great as always. We stopped buying Prisoner/Saldo recently as there are better wines for the price but they are part of their own company now. I think we are almost out of our Papillon stash so we are discussing what to buy next for Holiday's and other such occasions. This Papillon haul was bought on a steal in Dallas maybe 5 years ago. It was some outrageous price like $35/btl so we loaded up to our limit at the time.

Had a cheap, Spanish Monastrell tonight. It delivered.
Is this that cheaper one from Total Wine? I feel like every time you've posted it, the only place I can find it in TN is the Total Wine 3hrs away and no place will ship it to me :(

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Can't remember where last night's came from as it's been in the cellar a couple of years.

NJE66

Reaction score
Finished this off yesterday after a shameful two evenings drinking
20210405_175527.jpg
(opened second one though to keep things in balance). A no named wine with a blanc label. Did I really had anything to drink? This is on a deep philosophical leve but I believe I got a case here

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.