• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Wine Thread

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own a coravin? Are they worth it?
I was given one for Christmas a couple years ago. If I'm going to drink wine, its not going to be a glass or two. (and I am an infrequent wine drinker) At that point its almost not worth it. As a gift I feel that mine is pretty useless. I think I used it like once and forgot about it.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coravin I think is for the industry, for people who love Sauternes and don't have friends (me), and for people who have partners who don't enjoy wine. Otherwise, what's the point?

Anyway, tonight is an '89 Banfi Brunello. Split four ways we don't need a Coravin. Really, this is a singing sanviovese.

DSC_6492 (2).JPG

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I alone I’m not being a fan of champagne? (Is it something you guys have always liked, or grown into?)
I feel I only have one addiction, coffee...
But Champagne is close. I love it....ice cold Champipple.
And throw in a well executed caviar bar? OMFG.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Am I alone I’m not being a fan of champagne? (Is it something you guys have always liked, or grown into?)
What is it about the Champs you've tried that you don't like? I ask as it took some time for me to find Champs I like.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is it about the Champs you've tried that you don't like? I ask as it took some time for me to find Champs I like.
I think it’s hard for me to ‘taste’ anything over the bubbles?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Hmm. Try some grower/producer, in particular Pierre Peters. You should be able to get stuff over the bubbles from him and work your way out. Pay some attention to the nose too as we all know how that influences taste.

ETA: Fass has some great Champs buys that are not like the usual stuff you'll find.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
ETA: Fass has some great Champs buys that are not like the usual stuff you'll find.
Apropos to this Fass's offering yesterday was affordable Champs that you might like.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's