• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Wine Thread

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For you wine aficionados what are your indicators that the wine needs more cellaring

Nemesis_4

Reaction score
For you wine aficionados what are your indicators that the wine needs more cellaring
A question that I can’t imagine anyone having a great answer to.

I would say if you like the producer and you have the opportunity to taste the wine at ‘release’ (and you enjoy it) and then taste it along its life cycle and gauge is the best bet.

Also, there are producers that have a track record of wines that age and generally it can be said that x producer’s wines drink well with x amount of age. There are of course vintage variations, etc that confound this.

But I try not to be too obsessed with opening a wine “at the right time”- no use in being pedantic about it- it can take away some of the enjoyment factor.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those who can, should get some of this.

1591480234710.png

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk