• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Wine Thread

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In a time of crisis I have resorted to drinking Central Coast supermarket swill. (Actually not bad at all if not particularly remarkable.)

IMG_20200409_185128.jpg

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Qupé was legit back when that was made, before Bob Lindquist sold up and (later) left.

This is Aussie grenache from 160-year-old vines. Touted as budget Rayas, which I can't confirm because I've never had the non-budget Rayas. It is bloody good though.

IMG_1309.jpg

Lizard23

Reaction score
Just a heads-up, gents. Tensley is having a solid sale. It's 20% off all wines and another 15% off if you also join their wine club, with free shipping on orders over $100. It doesn't look like this is going to be reflected on their web site -- says call (805-688-6761) or email ([email protected]) to order.
i just made the single largest wine purchase of my life from Tensley. I thank both covid-19 and this thread for a new rabbit hole. I imagine i will be looking into a proper cellar vs my current wine fridges by the end of the summer.

thanks, obama.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Best Kutch to date. Just so good, whole cluster, dark and dark fruit but clearly a Pinot. If you have some drink it.

0DE13FA9-158F-4568-937D-37D4F7878D34.jpeg

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
warning: i'm going to do some shilling (which i think will be okay since this forum doesn't have any wine-related official affiliates).

a family friend's sister & brother-in-law have been running their own willamette valley winery. the brother-in-law has serious bona fides as he was the winemaker at beaux freres before striking it out for himself. the wines i've tried from them are very good. they're offering free shipping with any six-bottle order and they just released a rosé for the first time.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
warning: i'm going to do some shilling (which i think will be okay since this forum doesn't have any wine-related official affiliates).

a family friend's sister & brother-in-law have been running their own willamette valley winery. the brother-in-law has serious bona fides as he was the winemaker at beaux freres before striking it out for himself. the wines i've tried from them are very good. they're offering free shipping with any six-bottle order and they just released a rosé for the first time.

So which wine(s) would you recommend?

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So which wine(s) would you recommend?
i've had a good bit of their entry-level old eight cut and it's a really good willamette pinot for the $30 price. i've also had maybe two bottles of the pricier sequitur vineyard. i genuinely can't remember if i thought it was worth the extra $20. this time around, i ordered some of that 2018 breaker pinot noir if only because the story they told about it was good. maybe i'm a sucker, but i'm looking forward to trying it.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.