• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Wine Thread

NJE66

Reaction score
how was this? Barolos are hit or miss I find..
Hit or miss as in quality or rather personal preference?

This one was quite typical for the price range, not mindblowing but good. Medium-light bodied. Well made, way young as expected. I'm big on Barolo and a bit biased regarding nebbiolo. In general I find the quality for Barolo being reliable and constant, but that's just me. I believe there are an increase in popularity recent years, maybe unbalanced demand and supply causing quality to slip. Or the producers cutting corners? Nothing I have experienced though.

I agree with you that there are some thin ice to walk in the segment of €30-40. From €45 I'm most of the time home free.

NJE66

Reaction score
There are some good ones in the ballpark of plus €30, provided you have an idea wich producers to look for. Give them love, som time cellaring and kicking it in the bottle and it should be fine.

20200224_172831.jpg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Scarecrow allocation should be in today or tomorrow. Really hoping to get a three pack plus a mag this year.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
*le sigh* Just a three pack.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a Barolo on Last Bottle for $32/per. Worth trying?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Buy anything you can from this tiny producer.

A57961EC-74CB-4402-8EC8-2DB4BD31BB57.jpeg

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Torrin is great, I also like the Tsundere, which has Tannat in it. Potent stuff!

First time trying this and very impressed. It's actually a Bordeaux blend, 83% cab.

IMG_1120.jpg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Had the Barnett some years ago at a Ritz. Indeed, very nice juice.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I hope you have a few more that you can keep for 3 to 5 years, because Rhys really do improve with age.

NJE66

Reaction score
Yeah, I bought four. This was cool, show some red meat already 😍.Thanks for the advice. The other three can kick it in the bottle for some years

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opening this later. As I was grabbing one, I realized my wife has been drinking more red so the ratio is a lot of white and little red left. Looks like I need to go shopping...

A4042435-3D19-403A-BA69-6394D22BB2B0.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.