• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Wine Thread

gfmozart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
donnhoff jj prum and selbach oster. riesling greats.

Principle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also low key Bruno Giacosa (was super perfumed as expected) but still pretty tight.

1409C8AC-25E1-436E-B747-9AD86F8E1E50.jpeg

rip

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Just had a Ravena Sangiovese and it was way too tart. :(

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stunning for under $20. Could drink this all day. Probably will.

IMG_4024.jpg

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally drank mine Austin Hope which I hauled from US and paired with sirloin steak and it was amazing. First impression is that it is a bit too jammy and more reminiscent of Zinfandel than CS, however the balance, texture and finish were really great. I get how it can turn some people off but I really enjoyed it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Had with a nice dinner that featured a rotisserie chicken. Nothing grand but a nice drinking wine. Cherry and rhubarb.

C3CC9797-42FE-4661-B91A-A4A022C70475.jpeg

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't add much to the expert opinion other than I'm very happy with $60 online for this quality.

Jeb Dunnuck 97 Points: One of the gems in the lineup is the 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Four Flags. This thrilling, sensational Cabernet Sauvignon has a beautiful perfume of red currants, spice box, new leather, and dried flowers. Medium to full-bodied, seamless, and thrillingly textured, it offers balance, remarkable purity, and a finish that won’t quit. While Red Mountain is known for producing powerful, structured wines, this is all about finesse and elegance. It will drink nicely for two decades.

IMG_4028.jpg

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opened the Patricia Green 2017 Estate Vineyard Old Vine Pinot Noir a few weeks ago. It was way too young, but I wanted to try it to celebrate my birthday. Highly recommended, though give it 5 years.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I was looking at opening a 2014 Beserker's Cuvee and decided not to as it was probably too young...that '17 must have been in diapers.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had Bodegas El Nido 'Clio' before? Someone recommended it to me but I don't want to drop $50+ on a bottle that isn't that great. Some of the more expensive wines we drink are The Prisoner, Papillon, Saldo, Stag's Leap.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.