• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GrillinFool
I realize that. I wanted to know the name of the PN!!

Oh, gotcha. The bottles I took the picture of. 2006 Cardwell.

GrillinFool

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Oh, gotcha. The bottles I took the picture of. 2006 Cardwell.

Duh... I didn't make the connection. Sorry...

Thanks for following up

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GrillinFool
Duh... I didn't make the connection. Sorry...

Thanks for following up

No probs. Whatever it takes to spread the word of good wine
wink.gif

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opened this little bottle last night:

2005 Cline Cellar Ancient Vine Mourvedre!

This is the wine that started it all for me as I wrote in the "What Got You into Wine" thread. A lovely rich deep purple and cranberry colour with just hints of brown foreshadow a wonderful prelude of dark cherry, plum, oak and spice aromas, which lead into a wonderful symphony of dark fruits carried on warm waves of toasted oak, dark chocolate and palette coating tannins. The finish was long and saticfying with dark cherries and chocolate lingering in the mouth.

cline_avm.jpg

This bottle was just as good as the first bottle we had two years ago. We paired it last night with some 6 month Menchengo and Jamon Serrano...yummm!!!!

dinner_073009.jpg

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonight is Perrier Jouet shampoo and a Gigondas.

I'll choose something new for tomorrow night. Write up to follow.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Had my housewarming for the new apartment last night. I am feeling it today...

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
Had my housewarming for the new apartment last night. I am feeling it today...

Glad to hear you had a good time!

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
+1

Did you pour something special?

a 2005 Valpolicella Classico, a super Tuscan from Orenllaia, a Vermentino from the Antinori family, a Sancerre, some Roederer Champagne, and a hanful of other bottles that the guests brought. We killed all of it, but it took us until 3 am.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Antinori and Roederer. Coolio.

Tell you about mine in the morn,. Great stuff. tonite.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had lots last night at a dinner party. Too much! Roederer Champagne, Mumm Napa Sparkling Wine (the first non Champagne sparkler that I thought any good), Rosemont Cab/Shiraz daily, 2005 Hess Allomi Vineyards Cab (like this very much, and have had many bottles of it over the past couple of years), and the subject of the photo.

By the time we drank this little beaut, we were well gone. So, FWIW, it was as advertised. Peppery goodness, with luscious fruit, nicely balanced and quite sophisticated. 91/100

mitchell.jpg

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had copious amounts of Pinot Noir on Saturday night. Freinds had us over for a homemade Italian feast and between the four of use we managed to kill 5 or 6 bottles!!! The two that stuck out to me were the 2006 J vineyard and the 2006 X winery. While the others were quite light in body but still quite enjoyable these two really hit my sweet spot for fruit and backend warmpth and spice! The X was $22, which is normally above my price range but it was a gift to the host so...what the heck
smile.gif
I will certainly buy this again...perhaps when we host them for dinner in a few weeks :p I'm already planning out my six bottles for that night!
laugh.gif

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was wonderful. Lots of character, balance and sophistication. Recommended by my girl at my local LCBO (worth the trip to my local!!!). Great fruit and a lovely finish. Not too much oak. A lovely wine with some fantastic cheese, which is how we just drank it. 92/100 Hell yeah! CAD$39.00 "The '1928' Shiraz is an outstanding example of Barossa Valley old vine shiraz, made from vines planted in 1928.Winemaker, Rolf Binder, has crafted an opulently styled red. The wine was kept for 3 years in wood before release." The website is really bad, which gives me great hope for this single vineyard winery. Will drink again. And again!
smile.gif
hahn.jpg

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
Had copious amounts of Pinot Noir on Saturday night. Freinds had us over for a homemade Italian feast and between the four of use we managed to kill 5 or 6 bottles!!! The two that stuck out to me were the 2006 J vineyard and the 2006 X winery. While the others were quite light in body but still quite enjoyable these two really hit my sweet spot for fruit and backend warmpth and spice! The X was $22, which is normally above my price range but it was a gift to the host so...what the heck
smile.gif
I will certainly buy this again...perhaps when we host them for dinner in a few weeks :p I'm already planning out my six bottles for that night!
laugh.gif

Photos, bud?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads