The Official VINTAGE T SHIRT KNOWLEDGE THREAD.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by PLaydice, Jun 15, 2015.

1. double00

double00 Senior member

HIlarious.

I'm gonna make a shirt that says

"I popped my cuci...

... at Goodwill!"

lol

2. OolongT

OolongT Senior member

Hit a couple of great e-thrifts this past week. This one arrived and went out the door to a new owner over the course of the weekend.

[​IMG]

Will post the 2nd e-thrift in a couple days. Very excited about it as well.

3. double00

double00 Senior member

So I've begun dabbling in this t-shirt howdoyado. Here are a coupla finds (deetz spoilered):

[​IMG]
    I liked the condition, color, and lettering style of this. I had to look up what it was after dinner.
    Turns out it's a Polish labor movement from the 80s-90s, Lech Walesa was the spearhead and in 1990 was elected President of Poland. Solidarnosc is still very much a thing, and, these items are actually still being manufactured nowadays...

[​IMG]
    But not this one!

[​IMG]
    Slav Dom is a house on the Stanford campus. I think this shirt is actually a thing and would be pretty easy to move. Actually feel like a bumpkin that I wasn't aware of all the history but that's part of the fun of doing this stuff. BTW - this shirt is pretty friggin minty.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]I wish you could feel this 50-50 fabric in hand. And while I'm not a Christian (or Polish lol), I really do like the throwback art/lettering on this. The content does include a small attribution to the artist and is dated '86. Nice powder blue fabric as well. Need to look and see if there's a market for this kind of material...

4. JFST

JFST Senior member

That Solidarnosc shirt is dope, nice piece of history [​IMG]

5. PLaydice

PLaydice Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Old school skateboarding is good.
    [​IMG]
    Piece of history.

Feel free to keep adding on until I get the next lesson together bro's.

6. classicthrifter

classicthrifter Senior member

It appears that old school gaming sells as well. Probably listed this one too low as it sold within 6 hours of listing. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. PLaydice

PLaydice Senior member

How much did you list it for? that was good.....

8. classicthrifter

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PLaydice [​IMG]

How much did you list it for? that was good.....

Not enough. 24.99. I think I paid $2 for it. Part of learning the game I guess. :) I'm also working past the feeling that I charge too much for things... Also, I realized that rummage sales are great for t-shirts. Most there start at a quarter...

9. PLaydice

PLaydice Senior member

OH MAN, id pay 24.99 lol you slipped, that was 100$ easy man. prob not same day sale but the reason that shirt is good is because its a "gaming" collectible and gaming is so fucking hot right now! especially Nintendo. Even if the value isn't high the demand is. Some Sega Saturn Collector was happy to get that shirt without getting his pockets raped im sure. I once sold a Nintendo "Virtual Boy" hat for over 300$ at auction. paid 25 cents BUT that hat was only given to store employees who gave a rats ass about them and the system failed and sucked at the time SO NONE pop up!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  10. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

[​IMG]

OH GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was supposed to find this. Somebody stop me from putting my head in the oven.

11. classicthrifter

Well, that is what I need to learn as well what Ts really sell for. I watch this seller's videos on Youtube. He buys and sells ts all the time but usually sells them for between 10 and 20 or so. I just need to List higher and wait and then do more research. The other one I saw like this on eBay sold for like 14 or so several months ago I think. Oh well, one for the memory banks...

12. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

.​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was so happy to find this one...so...so happy...

...and now that happiness has been taken from me! :angry:

Universe: I demand an explanation!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hopefully this meets the subculture criteria -- I just grabbed it because I like the hot rod art from the 80's, plus its soft and minty.

13. PLaydice

PLaydice Senior member

Yeah, a lot of folks post up stuff for reasonable prices doesn't stop them from disappearing and getting sold elsewhere for big bucks. Folks do pay up for stuff. I made 300$ today off a shirt.

Hot rod shirt good, Hilfiger from early days of brand, thats good. You must realize, they did carry Tommy at bloomingdales once, and that tee was from then. Much harder to find than the crap later.
    Man, those bones shirts are so rare and hard to come by here, Folks never stopped wanting it in southern cali, No lie ill get hundreds for it, its nicer than my crappy photo's show.
    When in doubt price high and let a buyer talk sense/reason into you if he can. But remember If you got something real good and rare you NAME the price.

14. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Damns. I just can't imagine finding a cool-looking Bones Brigade shirt. Just unreal. :slayer:

I keep hoping they'll make a reprint of that sign language shirt you can see Hawk wearing in the documentary. It just doesn't make sense -- they've had so many great shirts, and the only one they still sell that's any good is just the classic skeleton guy.

So you think that Hilfiger is, as I suspect, 80s? I didn't know they sold 'em at Bloomingdales. I don't know if you saw it, but I posted a Hilfiger chambray with a tag announcing a Nieman Marcus special collection -- amazing red (vintage-ized) chambray, MOP buttons. Nuts.

EDIT: I knew I was going to find an amazing Hilfiger shirt as soon as I started ripping through this wave of Camp Longhorn shirts from the late 80s/90s. :lol:

15. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

A few more, then I'm done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT -- It's not Bones Brigade, but this same shirt was bought out from under me at Etsy, so I was pretty stoked. :lol:

[​IMG]

I love, love, love these shirts. Mid 80's Bear Whiz Beer, which was apparently sold at touristy -type places, especially in Colorado. Finally looked it up and it was from some sort of comedy troupe slash radio act that had been around since the 70s.

Also have a few of those Velva Sheen summer camp shirts.

[​IMG]

My favorite Polo I've found on the left (long-sleeved). Don't know anything about these two, other than I really like the plain one. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

^Other random shirts