• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official VINTAGE T SHIRT KNOWLEDGE THREAD.

JFST

Reaction score
WOW Cobi and Naranjito!
bigstar[1].gif

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bumping this thread with nothing earth-shattering as I begin to apply THE KNOWLEDGE to the racks.

If I put in the hours, will I find my great white whale?

Last edited:

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Best new thread on SF.

:slayer:
Im glad folks appreciate it, I got to check underneath my car when i open it now :crackup: J/K

Im restoring some shirts and im going to do a before and after with some more shirt info and story stuff. it will be like a sandwich, you got to get your own chips though.

Steve Kane

Reaction score
I hit the racks on Saturday and grabbed these two. The Bahamas tee is a deadstock 50/50 Screen Stars tee. Super soft.

Stewie

Reaction score
dug these out...too big for me, but hard to part with

these are both have 1996 on them so pretty early on

1992 on this one

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so does this mean my old streetwear tees are potentially worth some coin? I've got a few old Bape tees circa 2000 that are sitting in a plastic tote in my garage, along with a ton of other **** I don't wear anymore. still wish I had my old Beastie Boys tee from the Intergalactic tour as well as an old Foo Fighters ringer I bought years ago when I saw them live for their first album.

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so does this mean my old streetwear tees are potentially worth some coin? I've got a few old Bape tees circa 2000 that are sitting in a plastic tote in my garage, along with a ton of other **** I don't wear anymore. still wish I had my old Beastie Boys tee from the Intergalactic tour as well as an old Foo Fighters ringer I bought years ago when I saw them live for their first album.

Man, that Bape stuff has been good again for a while now. Supreme is white hot fire, its like the sun. Beastie boy's are a very sought after group shirt wise.
Im sorry for the delay guys, My grandma passed away, and i have been involved in family. Im free today and im going to do the post like I promised.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This seemed like something noob would like:

Dug the graphics on this one:

Playdice: is this the Nike I am looking for?

Reverse image on back:

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LRIGHT YALL.
Time to get busy pt. 3

See these shirts? I got them directly from a hippie I spotted at a flea market, There is a WAVE right now for GRATEFUL DEAD shirts because they are doing there last concerts in july. I been after shirts like these but they were musty and soaked in hippie drug sweat, I had to do some serious soakage.

You See they turned out pretty good. Everything unsightly gone for most part. I actually borrowed some damn Tide from my roommate to insure a good cleaning. Camera sucks to show the **** that was there though
Keep in mind the level of garment you are restoring, I wouldn't treat a 1920's henley the same.
SO that bring's me into a little rant about trends or WAVES as I call them, You want to Catch these. Often when folks Die there is a wave. People don't miss you until you are gone.
Keep in mind anything getting some spotlight and thats you eyeing a wave, catching it means putting that 200$ shirt at the right time to get it. Don't wipe out dudes.

Everyone else shared some personal tee's, This one Is one of my Favorite. When I was Growing up I surfed and me and my parents went up and down Cali camping out in a white VW camper van and surfing. My pop's was a old school long boarder since the 1950's. He was at this Event.

My father was a Combat Medic with Marine Force Recon In Vietnam and he served Two tours in the **** and was at some of the bloodiest battles and all that. Growing Up my dad was real cool mostly but also a true psycho nutcase and its a result from some of the **** he went through over there, He would scream horrific **** out in his sleep all the time. 3rd herd were the badasses that got to train in the forest and were kept away from other marines for being the most alpha and aggressive. When my pop's first got back he Moved to the mountains and would kill flies by shooting them with a pistol drink and party basically. I was going to Join the marines my whole life until My pop's died and I sort of thought about all the fucked up **** it did to him. Anyways, this is my most sentimental shirt. This gives you the level of attachment a Tshirt has.

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This seemed like something noob would like:

Dug the graphics on this one:

Playdice: is this the Nike I am looking for?

Reverse image on back:

second from the Top shirt may not be True vintage, JERZEES tags are not a good sign, neither are "GILDAN" or "JUNK FOOD"
The NIKE is def JUICE, 30-75 depending on just how shrewd you are at marketing shirts.

Last edited:

JFST

Reaction score
Man, that Bape stuff has been good again for a while now. Supreme is white hot fire, its like the sun. Beastie boy's are a very sought after group shirt wise.
Im sorry for the delay guys, My grandma passed away, and i have been involved in family. Im free today and im going to do the post like I promised.
My condolences man.

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My condolences man. 
there is no way for me to type this without sounding like a dick but, she was NOT a nice grandma, not that im not sorry to see her go, but im not broken up over it exactly.
Its mores the effect its having on my side of the family which is to bicker squabble and break apart.

Here is some more personal tees, I like marathon shirts, status symbol logos on shirts and san diego so you see why i like that one. The MLK i feel the need to wear a lot lately.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads