The Official Vintage Clothing and Accessories Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Dec 23, 2012.

1. mainy

mainy Senior member

edit: they are all 10-10.5c, i still have a few pairs of the new french shriners, PM me if you want to talk about them but I don't want to clutter up this awesome thread

some shoes i found a while ago... all from the same presumably dead guy. think i got the whole lot for under $150. left out a few pairs but you get the idea. and to think alden, masquerades as a premium quailty american shoemaker today. LOL. don't click the spoiler unless you want american shoes ruined for you forever. DO NOT CLICK THE SPOILER IF YOU're on mobile, TON of pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013

2. onix

onix Senior member

^ what's the size? Are you selling them?

3. grendel

grendel Senior member

+1

4. eazye

eazye Senior member

Mainy, I remembered when you first posted those, still so fucking sick!!!!! :slayer:

5. eazye

eazye Senior member

So here is a pair of French Shriner spectators that I got from someone on here but for the life of me can't remember who. I think from the same period as yours Mainy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's my pair of Nettleton crocs, which my shitty google search leads me to believe are from the 60's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And for shits and giggles, a pair of 70's dead-stock Danner mountaineering boots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Those Danner boots are much like what I've been hoping to find...

I keep finding old Raichle boots 1/2 -1 size too small. Someday I will find the classic leather boots I'm looking for in my (9.5D).

Here's my contribution to this thread, now that I've managed to date these two pieces... These are (relatively, given the age) good condition Harris Tweed sport coats from a local tailor (Krogh and Pohlman of Palo Alto, CA -I can't find any mention of them online more recent than the 1950s (from newspaper ads)). The "union made" labels have the date 1949 on them. Might not be the 1930s vintage that I originally thought, but these are now the oldest items I've thrifted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. grendel

grendel Senior member

Oh, yeah... That reminds me of these vintage NOS lizard skin Nettletons I found a while back. They're in Japan now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Here is the item I originally wanted to post here.

Brooks Brothers Chesterfield. Cut is fantastic. Heavy enough to stop bullets, and weave is tight and smooth -- not a single pill, pull or snag anywhere. In fact, the only defect is at the collar, and those rips aren't seen when worn. Handwork evident all over the place, and the lining is some of the smoothest I've felt. The fold at the hem is one of the coolest features. No simple folded under and hand stitched. There's a pleat built right into the hem. Gives the hem that much more slack when taken on and off. No union tag, so I can't date it, though I'd welcome some input based on the BB tag.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thats a killer chesterfield, G.

10. eazye

eazye Senior member

I see your Chesterfield and raise you one. I can't find anything out about this one, made in England tag, that's it. Styling makes me think 80's. Fits me perfectly except needs some light waist suppression.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

You just wait, punk. You just wait until I post pics of my vintage Crombie overcoat. As old or older than the BB and in as good or better condition.

12. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Great thread, Spoo.

GMMcL, love the Chesterfield -- thought I had the exact same one, but mine has a ticket pocket as well.

Probably my favorite vintage find is my 1934 Hart, Schaffner, & Marx DJ. The wool is incredible, a sort of nappy, almost coarse wool that makes the satin of the lapels standout all the more. It was wonderful details, like the button fly, and the inside ticket pocket at breast level just under the lapel that opens forward rather than from the top, so that you can access your tickets without unbuttoning the jacket. I bought a RLPL DJ once, with beautiful grosgrain lapels, but for what I paid for it the HSM blows it away. I sold that and picked up an Edward Sexton DJ that I wear for more 'typical' occasions when I don't want to break out the HSM.

[​IMG]

~ H

13. suited

suited Senior member

Oxxford overcoat dated 7 days after JFK assassination. Bought for under $10.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. eazye

eazye Senior member

:D I've been looking for one of those too! I've seen a couple out in the field but they've all been severely moth ridden.

:drool: :wow:

15. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Love that. I've been looking for a vintage tux on ebay for a whole now. Luckily, they're fairly plentiful, but its not easy to find the perfect one. I'm hoping to get a double breasted jacket.