• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Vintage Clothing and Accessories Thread

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2. 1980ish-era BBGF pinstripe suit I have that fits surprisingly well and (cuff buttons aside) still looked killer. I was sad to let this one go, but it went to my brother in law, so I was OK with it. The amazing thing about it was its condition. 30-something years later, the nap was perfect, every seam was tight -- like it just walked off the showroom floor.

+1 on old BBGF. I find these often and they are almost always in great condition . . . but never in a size 38
ffffuuuu.gif

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Wish this thread was around during periods of prolific posting from TTO, Barims and Labelking. They would have run this ****.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great idea! How did I miss this?

Here's some vintage NOS 50's shoes I found... Check out the pegged waist!

A very heavy vintage Chipp navy blazer I sent to bytor13 for secret santa

And 2 pair of NOS Brooks Brothers flannels I found...

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Grendal, those trousers are fantastic!!! Here's a couple of cool thing from my closet. I apologize in advance for my ****** photographs.
Mint 60's Hickey Freeman cashmere topcoat.

J Press tweed sport coat from 1965. The heaviest sport coat in my closet, I think this thing could stand in as protection in a knife fight, possibly even a gun fight.

Victorian era (I think) tails, completely hand made.

This one is dated 1937, they are both my size, although I'm only holding onto them with the slimmest hopes of ever needing to wear them.

Double breasted wool smoking robe from the 40's. Cream and red silk piping and half dollar size mother of pearl buttons. Got this one from the Capt.

Some vintage furs for my wife, the muffler dates to the 30's and the pill-box hat still has it's original 60's dept store tags.

Last edited:

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My favorite vintage thrift store finds from 2012: 1962 Brooks Bros Women's Tweed Overcoat. Mint Condition.
1967 Carroll & Co. Velvet Blazer. "Made in Italy". Beautiful MOP Buttons. Also Mint.
WWII Era (?) Naval Overcoat made by Abercrombie and Fitch. Also Mint Wish I had better pics of this one
I wish Carroll &Co. carried merchandise today that is as well-cut as that blazer. It reminds me a a Paul Stuart (Samuelsohn?) that I had a little later but not in velvet.

Apollotrader

Reaction score
Early sixties shooting coat

over vest (not shown) is toast.

No tag??? Any ideas??

upper torso lining detail

blanket detail inside handwarmer pockets.

Any thoughts on origin/maker would be appreciated.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grendel, those are great pics, much better than your bathroom shots
smile.gif

Easy, killed it. Great pieces. That '37 is killer.

Yeah, when I can use my camera and flash I do okay. I don't have helpers to take my picture
smile.gif

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Here's my father's Pucci velvet dinner jacket, ca. 1977 or so. He wore this a few times back then and I've since inherited it and had it tailored to fit me. I still haven't had occassion to wear it, and I actually need to put together some kind of formal rig to wear it with.

I lent this to a friend's high end vintage store when they had a vintage Pucci exhibit. Everyone thought this was the clear gem among the men's pieces. There are a few other examples of this pattern - one in red that I posted in my other thread, and one in browns that I saw Ben Vereen wear on a televised award show years ago. This is my favorite color scheme of the ones I've seen.

I have some other pieces that I can post in this thread, or perhaps in Pesjeks anglomania thread, when I can get around to taking pics.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A few recent vintage ish finds from me.. this Eisenberg and Eisenberg bespoke jacket is bananas... 1973. Dont know how to date the FR Tripler, anyone guess?

CesarC

Reaction score
Early-mid 70's. (R) Means between 1962-1976, black numerals indicate toward the latter end of the era, probably in the 70's somewhere. Don't know the precise year, though, if that's what you were asking.
A few recent vintage ish finds from me... Dont know how to date the FR Tripler, anyone guess?

EDIT: EazyE, that smoking robe is sick! As are the tails! I was invited to the annual orchestra ball but it's white-tie, and that's a level of formality I have not yet broached. If I had such garments, would not shy away from wearing them!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
spoo the hickey jacket is def mid 70s you can tell because of the fat pocket flaps and hitch in the lapels, they made some pretty damn wild stuff in the late 60's / early 70's, i have like half a rack of crazy old hickey freeman i have been too lazy to sell, it's interesting stuff, especially since today they are viewed as such a boring american manufacturer

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Near NOS original Peal shoes, circa 1950s. To be honest, the leather was not that great.

IMG_0464.JPG

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads