The Official Vintage Clothing and Accessories Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Dec 23, 2012.

1. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Gasp! you actually found time to dig between 2 full time jobs, a wife, a kid, and an another kid aka the damn dog?! Wow! That's amazing! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  2. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Found a tuxedo jacket the other night. It was custom made by Leopald Morse in Boston Massachusetts. It is dated 1/14/1941 and was made for Mayor Maurice Tobin, mayor of Boston from 1938-1945. I found a photo online of Tobin along side of Massachusetts Attorney General Paul Denver at the Democratic Inaugural Dinner. Paul Denver was in office from 1935-1941. By cross referencing the data with the years of the Democratic Inaugural Dinners for FDR, (1933, 1937, 1941 and 1945), there is only one Inaugural Dinner where these two men would have been seen together while holding those offices. Just so happens, the Inaugural dinner is held January 19th (my birthday) the night before the actual Inauguration. While I can't say definitively, it would appear that the tuxedo I found was made for this event and delivered to Mayor Tobin just 5 days earlier. Wouldn't you wear your new suit to the big event? I would.

I have tracked down the owner of a 1941 Inaugural Dinner Menu and Seating Chart and am awaiting a response to see if I can place these two at the table.

Tobin is on the left.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  3. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

wait spoo has another job besides flipping?!?!?!? how are you even alive??? do you ever sleep?!?!

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I found a tuxedo jacket from 1941 the other day. Wouldnt it be funny if it belonged to the guy on the right?

Rarely.

5. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

6. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Rarely alive?! lol jkjk
    [​IMG]

7. meister

meister Senior member

8. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

9. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

[​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

=

[​IMG]

10. meister

meister Senior member

Cruel....:lol:

11. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

X post from thrift thread. Several items worthy of this thread. First up a vintage mint-green tweed by Pendleton. The white balance is off in my photos, but this is a lovely shade of pastel mint green. And the features are just ridiculous. [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Next up is a handful of very well made, handmade suits from Gray & Lampel in NYC. I only did a quick search, but I can't seem to find too much about them online. These suits date from the 1980s, but the jackets are quite contemporary (the trou are a tad dated). Wool could stop bullets. 22 x 19 x 31.5 x 25 [​IMG]
    Fresco blue [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Navy flannel [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Blue birdseye [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Gray birdseye [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. meister

meister Senior member

13. DanM

DanM Senior member

Tailcoat and trousers from December 1, 1936. Local Cincinnati tailor, can't find any info via google. Didn't purchase, but if there is any interest, I can go back on Tuesday. Definitely on the small side, and they were asking about $40. Excellent condition, but I didn't do an in-depth examination.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the buttons say Boston Mitchell?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^ Thats an awesome piece. If that goes on sale, Id kop that.

15. Coal_Mining_Polak

Coal_Mining_Polak Senior member

Whoa, I haven't been in here in eons- I'd even forgotten my password. What a threak to come back to... thanks for sharing all of these great finds, men! :slayer:

[​IMG]

Vintage Givenchy (first Vintage example that wasn't a polyester POS!) Size 36 S :eek:

[​IMG]

Vintage (dated 1967) Lightweight Sport Coat, size 38/39 S. I love the colors and styling, a bit Ivy and a bit Continental. (The top button is there, it's just a little rolled off of frame.)