1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Vintage Clothing and Accessories Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, Dec 23, 2012.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Crazy, right? Measures to a 38.

2. GM-H

GM-H Senior member

Damn. If they were my size...

Just found a Chipp cashmere overcoat today for like $5. First piece i've ever seen.

3. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

R t

R they up for grabs? Those are Saweet!!

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Dont sing it, bring it.
    Yup, coming soon!

5. meister

meister Senior member

6. SpooPoker

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Couple of things that I thought were interesting.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Do want.

Tempt me not, ye devil!

WILL WATCH!

(But you Thread Owner'd my vintage 1960s Rat Pack skinny ties early on in the thread. Y U NO LIKE SAMMY DAVIS JR.? :confused: )

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  8. SpooPoker

The Abercrombie tie is quite rare. If youve seen another I will be impressed.

The BB tie I didnt mean to upload actually, it was supposed to be something else, will go edit.

Youre right though, ties really arent so special here when its a blah thing, but sometimes, something SDJr. cool works. :)

9. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Was really just messing around, Spoo. I'm fascinated by everything that gets posted here.

10. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

+1 me to, I need to snap some pics of stuff to add.

11. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Spoo what is rare about the A&F tie? I see them quite frequently at thrifts. Material? Pattern? Age?

12. SpooPoker

Particularly nothing about this tie, but I dont see them often... if you do, then maybe its just geographic location. :)

13. eazye

eazye Senior member

Those Lobbs are fucking amazing! What's the vintage on those bad boys?

14. GM-H

GM-H Senior member

Chipp Cashmere overcoat. Not sure on age, no union tag to be found...Anyone know when they went under?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think they're still in business.

16. SpooPoker

^^ that Chipp is gorgeous. The Mongolian cashmere thing reads very 60s to me, though I have nothing to substantiate that.

They are incredible. Even better than that is the smell. They smell so damn good. How weird is that, talking about the smell of used mens shoes. LOL. But the leather, the oil, the age, its just a really great box to open up. How old exactly I dont know, but Im guessing late 70s?

17. GM-H

GM-H Senior member

I know chipp2 is around. Was wondering more about the O.G chipp. I know they closed in the 80's but I don't know what year

18. eazye

eazye Senior member

I hear that, picked up a deadstock 70's Schott Perfecto that still smells new!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fits nearly perfect except in the arms, which are too big. :brick:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  19. comrade

comrade Senior member

In business as Winston Tailors.

http://www.manta.com/c/mmcpy2b/winston-tailors

They do not have a WebSite. Winston Tailors does Bespoke
    and MTM clothing in the Ivy Trad style. I have several of their sportcoats
    and a suit which no longer fit.

20. AndrewDoesHair

AndrewDoesHair Well-Known Member

I just posted some of these in the "leather jacket thread" and got made fun of by some jerk. Searched for "vintage" and found this thread- so I think these may belong here, if anyone would care.

This jacket was made in the 60's. I'm not sure by who, but it has a Talon zip, and weighs a TON. An old biker I know said it's probably horse hide. The jacket belonged to my father, who passed away when I was a kid. Now that I am all grown up and ride a motorbike, I wear it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is a Vietnam war era G1 flight jacket that I found in an antique mall. Someone had replaced the cotton cuffs and waist with leather, and then they dyed the brown jacket black. These modifications led to a very low price, but since I wanted this for riding, I was stoked on the mods.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a vintage Arrow loop neck shirt. From what I know, the loop on the collar, for the top button, indicates late 1960's, as the 1970's models had a standard hole for the top button... Please be gentle in correcting me if I'm wrong
    [​IMG]

And since I'm on the topic of vintage stuff, these are a pair of Corcoran jump boots, made during WW2... A guy at a swap meet was selling them for $90, but he'd only take cash... missing out them has haunted me ever since...
    [​IMG]