1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 7, 2011.

1. gshen

gshen Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Ah you should've just dropped me a note! Anyway, thank you Aieyric for sharing the picture. The fabric does have a subtle check-like weave to it.. not the best choice of names I'll admit! And cashmere does look like wool from a distance, but it feels much, much softer.

Just a quick note to let everyone know that we've made some improvements recently - we have relocated our workshop last week, and we've relaunched our website just a day ago! You can now order 15 variations of length and widths as well as custom monograms much, much easier than before. Have a go at the new site and let us know what you think.

Here's a snap of the retail space in our new workshop:

[​IMG]

Drop by and say hi you happen to stop by Singapore!

6 people like this.
  2. bradp

bradp Senior member

@gshen beautiful space, Gerald! best of luck in the new digs.

1 person likes this.
  3. applky

applky Senior member

Agreed with @bradp ! Fantastic new space and a great new website! Congrats to you and Diana on expanding the business.

4. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

First Vanda order placed! Got these two neck thingies. :slayer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm already married, but I figured just in case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

Just in case of remarriage? Sounds good.

1 person likes this.
  6. applky

applky Senior member

Great pickups @jcmeyer!

lol

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  7. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Red and cream raw silk.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  8. applky

applky Senior member

Wonderful. Is that a royal oxford underneath it all?

9. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Thanks! The shirt is woven with a dark tick that gives it an Oxford-ish look, but it's actually pretty smooth.

10. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

Awwwwww yeah....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

How do the ties compare to Drakes?

12. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

I only have one Drakes tie, which is very nice, but you may not get much pro/con discussion in here since this is Vanda's official sponsored thread.

If you want more opinions you might try asking in either of these threads, which are more heavily trafficked anyway:
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/375309/noodles-good-natured-advice-thread-improving-a-business-wardrobe/
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/508123/neckties-a-discussion-thread/

I like the designs both makers offer, but what sold me personally on giving Vanda a shot was the ability to choose the width and length, since I'm a small dude and need a shorter tie.

1 person likes this.
  13. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I own both. I like my Vandas just for the fact that they are shorter. Both are very well made and styled.

1 person likes this.
  14. gshen

gshen Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hi gents,

We would like to know how we can serve your needs better!

Please spare us five minutes of your time to complete our survey (link below). To thank you for your effort, you may choose between free regular shipping, or 10% off your total bill, so be sure to click through till the end.

The survey and discount codes will be valid till 2359hrs on 24 Nov (Tuesday), GMT+8.

Click here to start the survey now: http://goo.gl/forms/Y9wkneuaMf

Cheers,
    Gerald

2 people like this.
  15. applky

applky Senior member

Needless to say Gerald and Diana don't weigh in on stuff like this -- and I think this is not a sponsored thread from Vanda, but rather a fan thread? -- but I'll contribute.

I think Vanda ties are superior to Drakes in both quality and value. I've had a few Drakes and they're great ties, but I've found the handwork and fabrics to be finer on Vandas. I've sold all my Drakes at this point and nearly only buy ties from Vanda. The construction on Drakes is a bit more traditional, and if that's what you're looking for, they're a great option. But I'm more interested in the expression of the fabric than the expression of whatever lining/image the maker has in mind, so I've stuck with Vanda through and through. Gerald and Diana also offer a personal touch that you can only get with a small outfit, which I appreciate. I also find they're extremely creative in sourcing new and interesting fabrics, and have a greater range of textures than most other makers.

2 people like this.
  16. justinkapur

I agree with this speaker ^

I have one or two drakes ties and probably 15-20 Vanda ties. They are superior in fabric, construction, knot, style, color, pairings, etc. Everytime they launch new ties I find myself liking more than 1/2 the selection. From the current release I have been eyeing 3 ties and 2 squares.

17. bradp

bradp Senior member

[​IMG]

18. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Forgot to post this one the other day.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  19. applky

applky Senior member

[​IMG]

I'd say my closet is pretty similar to @justinkapur 's. I have 2 non-Vanda ties I wear regularly and about 20 Vandas I wear regularly. Plus, 10 squares or so. Oh and all my Vandas are 3.25" x 59", my favored tie dimensions. It's just good to know when you put the thing on that it's exactly what you want.

I should also say that a few of the ties are from their very first collection and look good as new. So I know when I buy one it'll last forever.

20. justinkapur

[​IMG]

My pictures are really professional quality

1 person likes this.