• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for the fit pic, TP. I have the same but not yet worn in the wild either.

@TweedyProf Looking good! OCBD and v-neck perfectly acceptable for tie-wearing, as well.

Thanks all. It's a beautiful tie.

This tie will be quite versatile and am a bit sad I only could get it this late into winter (or are we in Spring?). Will wear it into early spring and then put it away safely until early fall.

Edit: in retrospect, given the light quality of the tie, I might wear it throughout spring, wool be damned...

What Vandas are on your wish list for the coming year? I got a swatch of the blue/brown block stripe rep. I quite like it...

Last edited:

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the level of quality Vanda are excellent v4m. I already have the greyxgrey silk/linen plus another few on the way.
Need to stay away because I could buy nearly all of them.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm trying it that way today. Did you mean with the knot up close to the neck or worn somewhat looser?

Looser, but you don't start with the scarf doubled on itself as you do with the Parisian knot that you tied in your pic, so for that reason the ends turn out longer.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like this?

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a tie but Vanda's slanted medallions pocket square in wine. One of my favorites. I need to get in green, too.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a tie but Vanda's slanted medallions pocket square in wine. One of my favorites. I need to get in green, too.

Great fit! I've been going back and forth on the various medallion PSs and you've just sold me on them. Now to decide which colorways...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads