1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 7, 2011.

1. Rich0116

Rich0116 Senior member

Next Vanda sale we do an SF crowd-funded project to get Spoo over there to proxy for us.

2. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Has anyone had an issue with shipping from them? Their shipping page sounds ominous

"According to past experience, we have had trouble with locating parcels delivered to Germany, Austria, Australia, Spain and some states in USA. 95% of the parcels we send by this method arrive safe and sound, but to these destinations it generally take a longer time and may not be trackable."

What of the other 5%? That's not a great success rate.

Am saving up to splurge for a special occasion but...

3. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I have ordered 3 times and have not had any issues. The only issue is that I want more....

4. gshen

gshen Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hi TweedyProf,

We've posted thousands of parcels around the world via registered airmail (signed-for service), with a large majority going to the USA. To date we've ended up losing two parcels - one to the UK and one to Germany. I still can't believe our German friends messed up.

The 5% comment notes the parcels that did not show up in the tracking system (i.e. USPS' website) after it left Singapore, because sometimes the delivery guys decide not to scan the parcel. For whatever reason, the countries noted above are more prone to these things than others. Anyway, these parcels all showed up eventually, all except the two times we mentioned. It usually takes 2 weeks for delivery to the USA, though we've had some customers receive their parcels as quickly as 3 days and as slowly as 3 weeks.

FedEx always delivers within 2-3 working days if you're in a rush, though!

Hope this helps.

5. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

[​IMG]

6. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thanks for this info! Yes, it fully clarifies things.

7. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Gerald, love your work. PM sent! :slayer:

8. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Just decided that this will be my new tie brand. Time to order :D.

Also at 57' how much shorter are these than what I'd find in the US? I am on the shorter side.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  9. applky

applky Senior member

^ 57" is standard tie length in many countries including the U.S. Or did you mean that you're 5-foot-7-inches?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  10. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Nope, was inquiring about 57". Just measured a BB tie I have at 58". I hover around 5' 5", so ties have a tendency to be just an inch or so too long.

11. conradwu

conradwu Senior member Affiliate Vendor

DFIH is your friend

12. applky

applky Senior member

Double four-in-hand is a good idea. MSchapiro, if you e-mail Vanda, Gerald will be happy to advise you.

1 person likes this.
  13. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

What color suits would this match?

[​IMG]

14. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I probably wouldn't wear it with a suit, but I'd very happily wear it with an odd jacket and trousers. It would go beautifully with the "classic" combo of a blue jacket and grey trousers, but would also go well with autumnal colours such as brown.

15. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I have an orange knit that I love to pair with a charcoal grey suit.

1 person likes this.
  16. Loathing

Loathing Senior member

Any colour suit or odd jacket, but I would avoid the darkest shades of navy/charcoal because they're too formal for such a vivacious tie. Also, I would ideally choose heavier-weight fabrics to complement the texture. Texture is more important than colour with a tie like that.

17. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Senior member

That's the one I ordered. It's been shipped and is on the way. Can't wait!

18. pazzion

pazzion Senior member

I received my first two ties, pocket squares and lapel pins from Vanda yesterday. I ordered the forest green shantung, and the burgundy with grey spots tie. The pocket squares were the blue and orange silk PS, and a white linen PS with grey borders.

The products are incredibly well made, and I really enjoy their airiness and individuality from other makers. I will definitely come back for more!

Here's an action pic of the shantung tie, and one of the lapel pins. The PS is from Hober, in Carlo Riva cotton.

[​IMG]

19. europrep

europrep Senior member

looking good pazzion. x-posting these from Recent Purchases:

[​IMG]

20. pazzion

pazzion Senior member

Thanks! And wow. I absolutely love the ties on the left and right. [​IMG] Though I only own navy and dark grey worsteds, so I don't see me being able to pull them off. But wow. Good buys!