• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So a few months ago, I had mentioned in WAYWRN and the Recent Purchases threads that I had a new custom tiemaker. I was more than pleased with the results of my first purchase, and have gone back for more. Gerald has been so kind to let me "introduce" his wares to the forum - although I dont think he needs much of an introduction, as most of you know him already as gshen.

The ties are made from some incredible fabrics, and are all done by hand. They are all 6/7 fold ties and unlined, which for me took some time to get used to, but the light, airy weight of them is really a pleasure, especially for warmer climes. He has access to some really, really amazing fabrics, but will do up a tie for you if you provide the fabric as well.

Anyhow, heres my latest batch straight off the plane from Singapore - enjoy! Hopefully Gerald will be along shortly to answer any of your questions. I cant wait to get these suckers on my neck - thanks again G!!

Fabric deets:

Gunmetal with white dots and solid blue reppe are from Vanners, made to his exact specs by Vanners. They describe it as their "highest quality 350E pure dye silk warp, with 7ply pure dye silk weft."

Houndstooth silk: 100% silk (raw), made in Italy

Gunclub: 50/50 linen/wool, made by E. Zegna

Last edited:

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ace...!
Will be Kopping!
-TTO

Navi

Reaction score
That houndstooth is da bomb!

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks a ton, Spoo! The extremely talented (and very hawt) girlfriend and I have been working on this project for quite a couple of months now, and we are equally excited to finally start putting these up for sale.

Out for breakfast now, but we'll be back shortly with more stories to tell!

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, those are some stunning ties.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. I bet they smell good too.
smile.gif

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
He has access to some really, really amazing fabrics, but will do up a tie for you if you provide the fabric as well.

How much cloth is need for a tie ? How many can be made in 2 meters of cloth ?

Great work, gshen

alphaO888

Reaction score
Very nice ties, however I'm more curious as to where you get your stash of TF ties.. =)

JakeLA

Reaction score
The problem I have with 7 fold ties is the folds leave an imprint on the fronit of the tie. it's especially apparent on the blue reppe -- that ridge running along the middle. Is there anynway to avoid this?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
would love to hear about pricing and like to know about the navy.

Navy is grail.

I have a MBTieMaker as well, unrelated to the forums... will unveil soon as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads