• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread

Tweedy

Reaction score
Superb suit, I too am curious what that is in the buttonhole? :)

Butler

Reaction score

OlSarge

Reaction score
Snort! I notice that Mr. Hitchcock forbear from naming the mill, cad that he is.
peepwall[1].gif
Evidently the only way one can get a suit in that tweed now is to commission one from Hitchcock. Drat . . .

Last edited:

Tweedy

Reaction score
Shameless plug :embar: BUT i had promised a number of SF members that I would let them know when I had more full tweed suits in ...

I have just added 2 superb 3 piece tweed suits to the website, one with trousers the other with breeks. Both green base colours ( although as Butler said green is not the easiest colour to photograph well :)

Denise

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was lucky enough to be with Butler at his fitting for his wonderful suit, there are some more pics over on my Tumblr.
-TTO

Last edited:

HHD

Reaction score

Tweed in the flakes! :bigstar:
3 pieces of tweed, a bit of reversible silk,some washed out Sea Island Cotton, a spot of Hober and the good old leathers of St. James's
AKA
Steven Hitchcock 3 piece SB with gauntlet cuffs, hacking pockets, double vents and waistcoat with "reverse" lower flapped pockets, to match line of the coat's pockets.
Turnbull & Asser Sea Island Cotton Shirt,Sam Hober paisley PS
PHOTO: www.the-journal-of-style.com

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
MG]http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3938/tweed007.jpg[/IMG]
By lifestylemanager at 2012-02-14
42536625.png

84816216.png

skrddersyettweedstsrilj.jpg

95419298.png

21170826.png

skrdde3.jpg

Superb!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Seriously? A full requote of multiple large pics so that you could say, "Superb!"? Please use the spoiler function (the black text box icon above the reply space).

Mirador

Reaction score
Just a quick one, I know Butler has his hands in his pockets but the Rise on those trousers seems wrong to me, or perhaps it's an issue of width - everything just looks too tight in there.
lookaround.gif

Otherwise, that fabric is just awesome, made my day.

OlSarge

Reaction score
And Butler, the beard and mustache really flatter you. In that suit you look like the chair of some small, but very exclusive college's philosophy/Classics department. Well done, that man!

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Butler: Wow, that's an amazing piece of art - thanks for sharing!

Tweedy

Reaction score

And Butler, the beard and mustache really flatter you.  In that suit you look like the chair of some small, but very exclusive college's philosophy/Classics department.  Well done, that man!

Dito! :nodding:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics