• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really do like this. Bump for more tweed chaps, especially tweed with flannel or cords

I have the opposite reaction to our esteemed Doctor Holliday. I quite like the square, kinda "meh" about the tie. Also, would the good doctor care to elaborate on his aversion to gingham with tweed?
X-post

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I started the damn thread, might as well show up once in a while!
bf809141.jpg

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bf809141.jpg

That was a nice pick up from Malford. Have you acquired any more tweed since the creation of this thread Spoo? I am very curious to see what your choice of fabric would be.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

That was a nice pick up from Malford. Have you acquired any more tweed since the creation of this thread Spoo? I am very curious to see what your choice of fabric would be.

I wish I would have.... but I have not. :(

Edward the 13th

Reaction score
Welcome, gentlemen!
Could you help me, what do you think about this jacket? Is it suitable for me or a little bit short?

Last edited:

dasai

Reaction score

Welcome, gentlemen!

Could you help me, what do you think about this jacket? Is it suitable for me or a little bit short?
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7035/6659148095_c01f612e8a_b.jpg

Wait, shouldn't we be welcoming you? :confused:

That said, length looks decent. Sleeves are a tad long. The collar doesn't sit right, but that might just be because the jacket hasn't broken in yet. You might also consider wearing a shirt when the temperature is clearly below freezing.

Last edited:

Tweedy

Reaction score

bf809141.jpg

That tie goes particularly well with the tweed, very nice combo! :)

Edward the 13th

Reaction score
Wait, shouldn't we be welcoming you?
confused.gif

That said, length looks decent. Sleeves are a tad long. The collar doesn't sit right, but that might just be because the jacket hasn't broken in yet. You might also consider wearing a shirt when the temperature is clearly below freezing.

Sorry you are right of course about welcoming. Difficult holidays, you know :)

Last edited:

OlSarge

Reaction score
Wait, shouldn't we be welcoming you?
confused.gif

I agree that the sleeves could come up a bit. The current style of overly long sleeves will pass so you may as well get them altered to the classic measurement and then they will be correct forever.

antikantian

Reaction score
I had this made from H&S Sherry Tweed. It's a little light at 11oz, so I'm not sure if this qualifies as a traditional tweed weight-wise. At any rate, after having received it, I'm a bit undecided on the color. I started a thread on pink tweed a while back after being inspired by some Huntsman examples, but in the end I realized I couldn't wear pink tweed, ever. I still was in the mood for a bolder color, so I went with this. After having received it, I either love it or love the idea of it; i.e., sometimes it looks great hanging in the closet, but not so great on my person, and other times, when I'm in more of a FU mood, I think it looks good on. I'm not sure if the color came out accurately on my iPhone, but the second shot from H&S is an accurate representation.

Last edited:

OlSarge

Reaction score
You definitely get points for BOLD. I think, depending on hair and skin color, it might well work very nicely, though not on a gun line.
peepwall[1].gif

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If #1 had some sort of overcheck or was a pink plaid, it might be easier to work into a wardrobe. Your poppy (?) is certainly bold, but I think you summed up its wearability pretty well.The others are quite nice, too.

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about a pink vest? It might add some fun to the overall fit without being too bold.:)

rcoreytaylor

Reaction score

bf809141.jpg

HOT DAMN!!!

I gotta tell you Spoo, you consistently KNOCK IT OUT OF THE PARK!!!

OUTRAGEOUS style!!

...lead on o MIghty Spoo, lead on..........

:worship:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads