• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official ts(s) Thread

illiterate

Reaction score
1602177042tss1_7017.jpeg

So damn nice. From Kafka.

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loved this suit from aw18, regret not picking it up although I remember not seeing it sold complete anywhere.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
For Canadian folks, it looks like SSENSE picked up Ts(s) for FW20. Their prices seem a bit higher than elsewhere, but solid styling inspiration and good buy overall.

Also, it appears SSENSE has adjusted the notated sizing downward, similar to how Namu and M5 have. Previously, Size 2 = Small for US retailers. The new sizing is as follows:

Size 1 = Small
Size 2 = Medium
Size 3 = Large
Size 4 = XLarge

For pants:
Size 1 = 32 Waist
Size 2 = 34 Waist
Size 3 = 36 Waist
Size 4 = 38 Waist

I'm unsure of when this happened, but heads up if you haven't bought anything from Ts(s) in the past few seasons.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a couple of seasons ago they got rid of the size 5 and re-graded the remaining sizes. At least, that is what I recall a local stockist telling me.
Correct. Simplified the grid to 4 sizes and regraded everything. I was 5 in everything, now I'm 4 in everything

qubit

Reaction score
Correct. Simplified the grid to 4 sizes and regraded everything. I was 5 in everything, now I'm 4 in everything

Do you know if this was just for western market, or if they did this in Japan too? I cant believe how consistent ts(s) is in its sizing across seasons and styles. I’ve pretty much been size 2 in tops and 3 in bottoms for years and years. I usually buy when in Japan though.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
I find this extremely odd. They're still making XS in Size 0 - like this blazer from SS20 at Epitome, Jack Straw had some "unisex" pieces in Size 0 too. Essentially, there are still 5 sizes, but they've just shifted everything down 1.

@qubit They shifted sizing in Japan too. I used to always wear a Size 2, I ordered a shirt from Digital Mountain this season and I definitely would have been better suited in Size 1.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, 0 is essentially women size now but Takuji thinks of the collection (and sizes) as across genders, so while we will buy 1,2,3,4, a women store may buy 0,1,2

Takuji was saying that as his silhouettes evolved and as he started making more genderless pieces, he felt (and I completely agree) that there were just too many sizes. The fine grading seemed unnecessarily complex so they removed one (two if you count 01 women size)

Before SS20: 00 01 1 2 3 4 5 (7 sizes)
After SS20: 00 1 2 3 4 (5 sizes)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For Canadian folks, it looks like SSENSE picked up Ts(s) for FW20. Their prices seem a bit higher than elsewhere, but solid styling inspiration and good buy overall.

Also, it appears SSENSE has adjusted the notated sizing downward, similar to how Namu and M5 have. Previously, Size 2 = Small for US retailers. The new sizing is as follows:

Size 1 = Small
Size 2 = Medium
Size 3 = Large
Size 4 = XLarge

For pants:
Size 1 = 32 Waist
Size 2 = 34 Waist
Size 3 = 36 Waist
Size 4 = 38 Waist

I'm unsure of when this happened, but heads up if you haven't bought anything from Ts(s) in the past few seasons.

so I used to wear size 2 for the quilted jacket, it would be size 1 now (and corresponding to US 36), then I find it kind odd that Size 1 pant is 32 waist, would think that should correspond to 30 waist?

qubit

Reaction score
Yes, 0 is essentially women size now but Takuji thinks of the collection (and sizes) as across genders, so while we will buy 1,2,3,4, a women store may buy 0,1,2

Takuji was saying that as his silhouettes evolved and as he started making more genderless pieces, he felt (and I completely agree) that there were just too many sizes. The fine grading seemed unnecessarily complex so they removed one (two if you count 01 women size)

Before SS20: 00 01 1 2 3 4 5 (7 sizes)
After SS20: 00 1 2 3 4 (5 sizes)

@qubit They shifted sizing in Japan too. I used to always wear a Size 2, I ordered a shirt from Digital Mountain this season and I definitely would have been better suited in Size 1.

Thanks so much, this is really helpful. It’s odd as I haven’t really noticed a shift in size in the SS20 collection. Size 2 still seems right for me. I wish he wouldn’t label some items (knitwear?) in SML though - it gets kind of confusing there!

I haven‘t picked up anything this season yet, so looks like it might be a bit of a gamble... hopefully back to Japan next year so can swing by the store to get a better idea.

Last edited:

illiterate

Reaction score
Anybody have (had?) this jacket? It runs pretty slim right? I've only seen one other size guide online. I think size 4 would be best for me but the sleeves might be a bit too long.

1602985736643.png

Propper

Reaction score
Anybody have (had?) this jacket? It runs pretty slim right? I've only seen one other size guide online. I think size 4 would be best for me but the sleeves might be a bit too long.

View attachment 1479230
Funny you mention, I have this jacket in the jumbo cord from the AW19. I took a Size 3 (one up from my usual size) and the sleeves are actually okay. I treat it as more of an overcoat than a sports jacket and it works well.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with the L-pocket pants from past seasons?

I'm interested in a Size 2 pair from AW18, but worried I might be swimming in them. I typically take a Size 30 in EG or Size 1 in Orslow for reference.

Anybody have insight?

Propper

Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with the L-pocket pants from past seasons?

I'm interested in a Size 2 pair from AW18, but worried I might be swimming in them. I typically take a Size 30 in EG or Size 1 in Orslow for reference.

Anybody have insight?
I’ve had a few pairs including the shorts. I think you’ll be good in the 2. I had to size up to a 3 because they come up slim and the rise is a little bit on the low to medium rise. But this of course depends on if you’re going wool or cotton twill. The twill being slightly more giving in fit.
I hope that helps. I’m a 2 in both Orslow and ts(s) / 32 waist.

trafficjam

Reaction score
With news of altered sizing, I guess this should be taken with a grain of salt, but I'm a 33 waist and 2s have always worked for me, sometimes even being too big for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads