• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official ts(s) Thread

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Some FW20 is live at Digital Mountain - beautiful fabrics per usual. Two personal stand-outs are the floral shirt and brown tweed:

1597695343688.png

1597695368852.png

illiterate

Reaction score
Anybody aware of any recent Canadian stockists for ts(s)?

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Anybody aware of any recent Canadian stockists for ts(s)?

Haven carried it a few years ago, but I don't believe there has been a Canadian stockists since.

Here's a few other stockists I'm aware of:
Hatchet Supply Co (USA)
Rendez Vous (France)
Public (Japan) + FW20 Live
Sculp (Korea)
Epitome (UK) - Women's store, BUT if you can wear Size 1/2 - check it out! Lots of great SS20 gear at 50% off.

illiterate

Reaction score
Haven carried it a few years ago, but I don't believe there has been a Canadian stockists since.

Here's a few other stockists I'm aware of:
Hatchet Supply Co (USA)
Rendez Vous (France)
Public (Japan) + FW20 Live
Sculp (Korea)
Epitome (UK) - Women's store, BUT if you can wear Size 1/2 - check it out! Lots of great SS20 gear at 50% off.
Ah I didn't notice Sculp carried ts(s). They usually include all customs/duties in the price. Other stockists outside of Canada don't so I'll get hit by hefty duties when importing unfortunately. Americans don't have to pay anything up to $800.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No current Canadian ts(s) stockists at the moment, so far as I know. Roden Gray tried 2-3 years ago and it didn't do well for them. I don't think they carried it for more than two seasons.

illiterate

Reaction score
Is a size 2 in these actually a 34" waist? I trust Kafka's sizecharts but seems kinda off for Japanese sizing. Don't have much experience with ts(s) pants.

Propper

Reaction score
Is a size 2 in these actually a 34" waist? I trust Kafka's sizecharts but seems kinda off for Japanese sizing. Don't have much experience with ts(s) pants.

I take a size 2 always and that’s like a true medium in ts(s) and I’m a 32 waist. I’ve got the fatigue pant and shorts in a 2 and I take a medium in Engineered Garments for example.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Some FW20 is live at Digital Mountain - beautiful fabrics per usual. Two personal stand-outs are the floral shirt and brown tweed:

View attachment 1442519

Ended up grabbing this in a Size 2. It's very generous in length, like an Engineered Garments 19th Century BD. Both measure 31" in length. The print is beautiful, a nice blue-gray with neutral pops from the florals. The fabric itself is thin and a bit stiff, somewhat disappointing for an FW piece, but the print makes up for it. I'll post some pics once I get the length altered. It's sold out at Digital Mountain and Ts(s) Japan, but Namu Shop mentioned they'll be receiving it in mid to late September, so keep an eye out if you're interested.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
I did some more digging last night and wanted to update the stockists list again:

USA:

Canoe Club

M5 Shop

Mannahatta

Namu Shop

No Man Walks Alone

Jack Straw

Hatchet Supply

MAC Modern Appealing Clothing - No website, call / message on Instagram

Europe:
Kafka

Norse Store

Rendez Vous

Tenue de Nimes

Epitome - Women's, but they carry quite a few men's pieces in smaller sizes.

Yoox

Japan (ships to USA):
Digital Mountain

TS(s) Japan

Creer

United Arrows

Public

Dug

Freak Store (Nothing online, but Instagram shows SS20)

Yahoo Japan (past seasons/used)

Other

Sculp (Korea)

Pickings and Parry (Australia)

Last edited:

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
@BlakeRVA nice! I've been going through past Ts(s) lookbooks and their patterns are amazing. I just wish the brand was a bit more affordable. This tweed jacket from AW20 is just amazing.

View attachment 1449119

View attachment 1449122
Agreed! I think the brand is in an awkward category price-wise, but Takuji is more of an artisan than businessman. Every fabric is custom-made by Takuji and then used on a small-scale to build his seasonal collection. It's the type of process and attention to detail that people drool over for brands like Visvim, but without all the hype and commercial success to drive up the prices. Needless to say, I think it's worth saving up for and paying full-retail to support the brand. Sure it's expensive, but I like to think I am getting a good deal whenever I buy ts(s), because if the brand was more widely adopted I'd be paying double.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Stopped in at Jack Straw today and checked out their FW delivery. They received the three colorways Assymetrical Pocket Work Shirts (pictured) which were beautiful. I really liked the Olive, but my wife said I have too many olive shirts ?. They also have the Tattersall BD, which were nice but pretty standard. They had the Bird Watching Jacket in Olive Tweed, which has been mentioned before. It's a beautiful fabric, nice variety of colors and a good weight. It did feel a little scratchy and the Bird Watching jacket fits HUGE. They only had Size 4, so I didn't try it on, but be aware if you're thinking about it. Lastly, they have two pieces in Navy Heavy Weight Warp Knit Cotton Cloth: the Cuffed Military Side Flap (pictured) and Double Breasted Trench. The fabric was nice to touch and heavy enough for winter. It was a nice classic shade of navy. The pants fit me atrociously in Size 2, so beware (I'm 5'7" 31" waist). I would say the waist was 34-35".

In summary, nice collection in person. Jack Straw doesn't update their site much, but give them a call and they'll be happy to help
(206) 462-6236. I might need to pick-up one of the Assymetrical Work Shirts in the near future and I'm contemplating harder the Olive Tweed pants at Digital Mountain now. IMG-20200905-WA0031.jpg

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ended up grabbing this in a Size 2. It's very generous in length, like an Engineered Garments 19th Century BD. Both measure 31" in length. The print is beautiful, a nice blue-gray with neutral pops from the florals. The fabric itself is thin and a bit stiff, somewhat disappointing for an FW piece, but the print makes up for it. I'll post some pics once I get the length altered.

How do you find the oversized fit of the shirt, and how did the alteration go? IIRC you're usually a Size Small in most brands.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
How do you find the oversized fit of the shirt, and how did the alteration go? IIRC you're usually a Size Small in most brands.
Yes, thanks for the reminder! I bought a Size 2 and it fits quite well after shortening the body and sleeves. I'd say it's still a 'relaxed fit'.

Something interesting is that for years North American stockists would label Size 2 as Small, but recently I've noticed Namu and M5 both denote Size 2 = Medium. I think this is accurate based on recent season measurements and ultimately the idea of "Japanese Sizing" doesn't hold as much weight as it used to.

Anyways, moving forward I'll likely stick with Size 1 to minimize alteration costs. Here's a quick fit pic, with the colors a bit blown out. 20201007_111233.jpg

And here's "Before" pics:
IMG-20200826-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20200826-WA0007.jpg

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, thanks for the reminder! I bought a Size 2 and it fits quite well after shortening the body and sleeves. I'd say it's still a 'relaxed fit'.

Something interesting is that for years North American stockists would label Size 2 as Small, but recently I've noticed Namu and M5 both denote Size 2 = Medium. I think this is accurate based on recent season measurements and ultimately the idea of "Japanese Sizing" doesn't hold as much weight as it used to.

The shorter length definitely looks better.

I like the blue gray colourway more than the green one, or I would have considered buying the Size 1 from Namu Shop. Digital Mountain and the ts(s) shop restocked, but Size 1 is sold out again on the former and the latter doesn't carry it in that size.

I've sent an e-mail to ts(s) to see if any other stockists in Japan or elsewhere picked it up in Size 1. Here's hoping!

Re: Japanese sizing, I've noticed that some brands that have gained an international following have relaxed the fit on some (Blue Blue Japan) or all (Wacko Maria) of their items over time, whereas some still require a size up at times. Definitely a positive!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads