• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official ts(s) Thread

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with the L-pocket pants from past seasons?

I'm interested in a Size 2 pair from AW18, but worried I might be swimming in them. I typically take a Size 30 in EG or Size 1 in Orslow for reference.

Anybody have insight?
A size 4 fit a 34/35 waist.

illiterate

Reaction score
Best way to search/filter ts(s) on YJP? Or any other 2nd hand market.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Best way to search/filter ts(s) on YJP? Or any other 2nd hand market.
I just search "Ts(s)" and then Fashion > Men's. I'll get some unrelated results, but normally flip through all the results and see if anything stands out. I've found the more specific you try to be, the less likely you are to find what you want. Sometimes adding like "Ts(s) M" will help narrow down to your size.

Recently I've been using Buyee to shop on Mercari JP and found some really great stuff for cheap. Mercari tends to have less stores and more personal sellers with little info because it's still uncommon to buy/sell used clothes in Japan. I recently bought a personal jawn that was simply labeled as "M", so anxious to see if it arrives Size 2 or Size 3 😂.

FYI, typically stores would ship from Japan to the USA via Japan Post EMS, but this service is currently suspended. As a result, you might need to drop another $50 on shipping with DHL or Fedex to the US/Canada. A good reason to buy more stuff before shipping (at least that's what I tried to explain to my wife... she wasn't having it).

Happy hunting,
Blake

illiterate

Reaction score
I just search "Ts(s)" and then Fashion > Men's. I'll get some unrelated results, but normally flip through all the results and see if anything stands out. I've found the more specific you try to be, the less likely you are to find what you want. Sometimes adding like "Ts(s) M" will help narrow down to your size.

Recently I've been using Buyee to shop on Mercari JP and found some really great stuff for cheap. Mercari tends to have less stores and more personal sellers with little info because it's still uncommon to buy/sell used clothes in Japan. I recently bought a personal jawn that was simply labeled as "M", so anxious to see if it arrives Size 2 or Size 3 😂.

FYI, typically stores would ship from Japan to the USA via Japan Post EMS, but this service is currently suspended. As a result, you might need to drop another $50 on shipping with DHL or Fedex to the US/Canada. A good reason to buy more stuff before shipping (at least that's what I tried to explain to my wife... she wasn't having it).

Happy hunting,
Blake
Yeah I'll check out Mercari. YJP was just too cluttered. I've seen some pretty nice deals/pieces for EG on Mercari. I actually grabbed a pair of boots off there via Buyee a few months ago. There was some first time buyer coupon that pretty much got me free international shipping with DHL Express.

illiterate

Reaction score
For Canadian folks, it looks like SSENSE picked up Ts(s) for FW20. Their prices seem a bit higher than elsewhere, but solid styling inspiration and good buy overall.

Also, it appears SSENSE has adjusted the notated sizing downward, similar to how Namu and M5 have. Previously, Size 2 = Small for US retailers. The new sizing is as follows:

Size 1 = Small
Size 2 = Medium
Size 3 = Large
Size 4 = XLarge

For pants:
Size 1 = 32 Waist
Size 2 = 34 Waist
Size 3 = 36 Waist
Size 4 = 38 Waist

I'm unsure of when this happened, but heads up if you haven't bought anything from Ts(s) in the past few seasons.
Man, SSENSE has marked up the prices by a lot. It would be almost $250-300 cheaper for me to proxy something from a Japanese stockist. SSENSE does have some pretty significant sales yearly though. Might be worth waiting it out and hopefully I can grab something at 50-70% off.

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Man, SSENSE has marked up the prices by a lot. It would be almost $250-300 cheaper for me to proxy something from a Japanese stockist. SSENSE does have some pretty significant sales yearly though. Might be worth waiting it out and hopefully I can grab something at 50-70% off.
SSENSE has free shipping and I believe they cover return shipping too before giving a full refund. If you see something you like use them to check sizing then order from Japan 🤷‍♂️

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Epitome received their Ts(s) shipment for anyone that fits a Size 1 (S). Really, really enjoy this coat.
1603225749492.png
1603225773063.png

Also, Namu Shop received a few more pieces in Women's sizing, the Dottera coat has grown on me quite a bit over the past few weeks. Size 00 (XS) and Size 1 (S) available.
1603225909741.png

Still waiting for @shopcanoeclub and Modern Appealing Clothing to receive their shipments. Mannahatta was supposed to receive their shipment last week, but haven't seen anything on their IG/Website yet, so be on the look out for that. I've reached out to M5 Shop twice and never heard back, frankly thought they were going out of business then they uploaded a bunch of FW20 gear, so who knows if/when they'll receive their Ts(s) shipment.

Cheers,
Blake

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ incredible to compare SSense's styling and Namu's of that coat. It's amazing how bad ssense is at styling.

blackcheer

Reaction score
Did you include the quotation marks around the brand name in your search? That should clear up the search

Yeah I'll check out Mercari. YJP was just too cluttered. I've seen some pretty nice deals/pieces for EG on Mercari. I actually grabbed a pair of boots off there via Buyee a few months ago. There was some first time buyer coupon that pretty much got me free international shipping with DHL Express.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's