• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official ts(s) Thread

KaleidoscopicK

Reaction score
I once had a conversation with a buyer at a ts(s) stockist. He told me that while he loved the brand, it just did not sell until final markdown. His buys were pretty solid as well.
That's a damn shame. I imagined that that happened with a few other stockists as well.

It seems as if the brand didn't really catch on in North America. I don't think there's even a stockist for it in Canada anymore.

KaleidoscopicK

Reaction score
I just took another look at the F/W 2016 lookbook and I'm liking it more and more.

Here are the images from the lookbook, for anybody who's interested. You can cross reference each numbered image to the corresponding number on the list to identify the pieces being worn.

~

Here's the list:

~​

That shoulder zip-up pullover sweater jacket is calling for me. I pray that the potential sticker shock doesn't scare me too much.

I'm curious as to what No Man Walks Alone (@gdl203 , @conceptual 4est ) and Meyvn will be carrying this season.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We try not to get too influenced by look books when we make our picks. We pick what we like the most in person. Often, we prefer a different colorway than what the brand is showing on look books. For example we got the coat in look 8 but in the colorway of the jacket in look 1. We got the coverall from look 7 but in the red stripe option.

The herringbone trousers and green flannel popover are also highlights IMO, but not look-booky, I guess.

We also worked with Takuji this season to do an exclusive re-edition of the quilted blazer from FW14, in three colors.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do I spot sleeveless coveralls ?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
-Thought that I'd revive this since a few of my favorite pieces are by ts(s), plus I wear a lot of their scarves, which are manageably sized and haven't reached the "Ths is a blanket, but let's market it as a scarf" proportions of many other brands. I missed the last set of padded sportsjackets, so I'm pretty jazzed to see stuff like this:

(http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/quilted-peak-lapel-jacket-in-navy-donegal-tweed.html). I think that I want something more in charcoal then in navy though...

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something interesting I found out: a stockist told me that this season, ts(s) introduced a new sizing for some of their garments: instead of TS(S) marking 1-Xs, 2-S, 3-M, 4-L, 5-XL, they made the dotera in only sizes 1, 2, and 3. They marked the 1-S, 2-M, 3-L.

this was confusing to me, as I am such a solid 2 in all ts(s) pieces, but the shop was insistent that the 1 would be the right fit that I was looking for, since ts(s) themselves marked the 1 as a Small this time.

Does anyone know if this is true, or if what other items were also produced in only the 1-2-3 sizing?

Maybe @conceptual 4est or @gdl203 can help me with this info?

gnu

Reaction score
Might be a stretch, but anyone know of a stockist carrying an easy cardigan or a similar style?

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how those long quilted coats fit this season? I'm normally a medium but the measurements for the size 2 look to be about right for me. Or it could just be because of the quilted fabric. Not sure.

xander_horst

Reaction score
The long quilted coat is a balmacaan and thus meant to fit oversized, that’s why you’re seeing those measurements. That said, I too often go with medium sized stuff, but I went with a 2 and it works for me. I can wear my Epaulet heavy cardigans underneath too. I’m probably technically wearing it wrong. I’m 5’10”/5’11”, 155lbs, 39 chest, 32 waist

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never tried the bal coat, but I have quilted sport coat. NMWA suggested I take the same size in the bal coat as the quilted sport coat. That would be a size 5 and I typically wear L/52 in most common brands.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The long quilted coat is a balmacaan and thus meant to fit oversized, that’s why you’re seeing those measurements. That said, I too often go with medium sized stuff, but I went with a 2 and it works for me. I can wear my Epaulet heavy cardigans underneath too. I’m probably technically wearing it wrong. I’m 5’10”/5’11”, 155lbs, 39 chest, 32 waist
I would say you are borderline small/medium, which the 2 would make sense. But I think this coat looks best a bit oversized

dkboze

Reaction score
I got a three in that coat and it fits pretty well, maybe a bit big. I'm basically the same measurements as xander

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 85 17.6%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 154 32.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 140 29.0%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 54 11.2%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.3%