• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Thrift Thread Maker Label Guide

dirnelli

Reaction score

I got the below jacket today. At first I thought it was Attolini bassed on all the stitching on the lapels and shoulder, but realizing it looks an awful lot like the Sartoria Partenopea label someone posted. Any thoughts?

This is made by Gabo Napoli as I suspected:

rgould

Reaction score
Ha yes my internet lingo is limited- it's an awesome jacket- I was convinced it was attolini given all the double stitching everywhere- but I see the tag does not match. I have been to the NYC Tincati store and they really have phenomenal stuff. They told me last time I was there that they have their own manufacturer now- perhaps it's their own production? I was a bit skeptical of that but it's certainly possible.

rgould

Reaction score
Ah- for some reason I thought Gabo was made by Isaia? In that case, I should get some Gabo Napoli stuff- this jacket is great

Stilig

Reaction score
G.abo is only made in-house. Their head tailor and co-founder Gianfranco did work for Isaia, which has their factory basically next door, for many years. If I'm not entirely mistaken I think he was even head of the tailoring department at one point. I also believe he prior to joining Isaia worked for Attolini, so it's not odd that you see similarities.

I really, really like G.abo stuff. Easily the best value for money Neapolitan tailoring I've tried. Fun story is that twice, Orazio Luciano himself have complimented me on my G.abo jackets, saying they looked beautifully made. The second time he actually asked his son, not knowing that I understand Italian, if the jacket I was wearing was one of theirs.

Last edited:

jazerad

Reaction score
New lardini label

Also I am pretty sure that the label of "Cantarelli 2" is scuderi

dirnelli

Reaction score
Can anybody clue me in on what this is ? @SpooPoker ?

Styleskunk

Reaction score
Hello,

I've recently purchased couple of sport coats from Brooks Brothers' 'Natural Craftsmanship' collection.
Couple of questions -

1) Would you know who would have made these sport coats? Says made in Italy. I've attached the labels.
2) Retail price is around $1098. I've paid around $360. Do you guys think they are worth?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Distr...var_MM00293_Color=CHAR&contentpos=5&cgid=0307

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Doneg...var_MM00291_Color=DKBR&contentpos=2&cgid=0307

Thanks!

I don't know if you already had an answer to your question but i have a similar label. I bought this as a Lardini jacket for BBs.

20180507_135630.jpg

clothesgamesmisc

Reaction score
Any help on these labels? Giorgios dumped a ton of this stuff. Help appreciated. Not sure if I can rep here or return the favor somehow.
IMG_5419.JPG IMG_5447.JPG IMG_5457.JPG IMG_5470.JPG
IMG_5483.JPG IMG_5497.JPG IMG_5507.JPG

IMG_5518.JPG IMG_5520.JPG IMG_5555.JPG

IMG_5519.JPG

IMG_5530.JPG

IMG_5519.JPG

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you read the post that is right above yours, another part of the mystery will be solved.

And it looks like a mix of isaia and michangelo’s in there too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads