• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Thrift Thread Maker Label Guide

dirnelli

Reaction score
There is a discrete controversy brewing about the longstanding SF allegation that the tag below idicates that it is made by ATTOLINI. The tag is found on Luciano Barbera Sartoriale, which many claim was made by Attolini. This claim is now being called into question. Would someone please lay the controversy to rest by posting definitive photographic proof connecting the label to Attolini ? Thanks

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

There is a discrete controversy brewing about the longstanding SF allegation that the tag below idicates that it is made by ATTOLINI. The tag is found on Luciano Barbera Sartoriale, which many claim was made by Attolini. This claim is now being called into question. Would someone please lay the controversy to rest by posting definitive photographic proof connecting the label to Attolini ? Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sartoria-At...903144?hash=item5427ad0468:g:gLQAAOSwcBhWYNQ4

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man there are so many surprising labels I have come across....
Kiton shirts for Oxford would be one (the yellow on black that says made in Italy-made obvious by the amount of hand work)
Oxxford for Paul Stuart
Isaia For Paul Stuart
Borrelli for Arny's paris (shirts)
Borgioli for Certo
Loro Piana for Michael Bastian

Funny, almost every desirable label out there makes for other labels. It pays to know your labels, nail patterns, shirt labels, etc.
Ill leave it at that.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last edited:

rgould

Reaction score
I got the below jacket today. At first I thought it was Attolini bassed on all the stitching on the lapels and shoulder, but realizing it looks an awful lot like the Sartoria Partenopea label someone posted. Any thoughts?

rgould

Reaction score
It seems very similar to the SP label though- why you so confident it's not a major maker?

Last edited:

dirnelli

Reaction score
I think he meant AFAIK, as far as I know.

I beleive I've seen it before. I'll post a pic if I can confirm.

Being sold at Tincati, it's already an assurance of topgrade quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads