1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

THE OFFICIAL THRIFT/DISCOUNT STORE FIT PIC BRAGGING THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by eazye, Oct 24, 2013.

1. eazye

eazye Senior member

If telling cm men what to wear was your "bread and butter" than I hope you were fired because you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Look, you may be a decent dude in real life, but over the internet, you come off as a condescending prick. You have been wrong many times in the past and have hid behind your "personal style" defense, and that is your god given right. Just as it's mine to call bullshit. Telling people to button the bottom of their sport coat is bad advise, plain and simple, young grasshopper.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
    9 people like this.
  2. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

@Fueco , having the bottom button on SCs and suit jacket is lot liking having hookers walking around in my hood. Just because they are there, doesn't mean I always have to use them. [​IMG]

3. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

Should I say anything or watch this thread go gladiator on itself!?
    I appreciate all the advice but I'm staying out of the debate. =]

4. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Hey, I'm all for tradition (have I mentioned I'm a cyclist?). I just don't understand this one.

And @size 38R, my money would be on Eazy....

5. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

IDK man, I've seen you with those shorts and sandals...No one else can pull that off.

6. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I can pull it off because I've been doing it for 23 years (since 10th grade). Being comfortable in your own skin is the key to pulling any look off. I don't dress like that every day, but I've always said that if I had the chance to work for myself, I'd dress however the $#%$ I wanted to regardless of tradition.

The one thing that's changed in my "look" is the quality of the clothing and the form. Where in 1991, I was wearing cutoffs and t-shirts, I'm way more likely to wear a quality button-up shirt and decent shorts. For where we (referring to Barrel) live, I dress on the nicer side.

7. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

Really? Actually i made a lot of money, so did my company. style is to suit the individual. and frankly, i liked plenty of your fits. but they are slowly losing the flare you had.
    would i dress like you? no. would i dress like ANY of the waywt guys? no. it's like seeing the same fit over again. i am a prick. no apologies. i am one who can live with it. [​IMG]
    what have i been wrong about? oh, please, do enlighten me. [​IMG] you are a student of fashion. you work a normal job. (RESPECT) but where you are? i was 5 years ago.
    now?, you seriously have no idea............

only in certain situations would you need to use all the buttons, if so,- do it. not always, not never. = my point. you wanna talk HATS,CM or SW&D? just come shopping with me. shit, i will even extend my hospitality to you and mrs eazye and show you around. for free! my house is your house. i will even buy you dinner.
    debating in person is easier and more fruitfull.Let's argue over drinks.

Who are we kidding, we Don't ALWAYS need to use them.......... but sometimes we do. [​IMG]

You should be halfway through a box of popcorn right now. [​IMG]

I firmly believe, that you. of all people can look at CM objectively. and produce a jaw-dropping awesome fit. my choice is limited since i relocated. but you could do it. [​IMG]
    and i would help you.. eazye would hit hard with textures, and "approved" colors. you would need to drop the awesomesauce. but it is possible.

8. eazye

eazye Senior member

Wow, you are where I'm going to be in 5 years? I guess I should just stop now, huh.

4 people like this.
  9. Towers

Towers Senior member

No thumbs big enough.

@size 38R dude, if you think you're out-dressing eazy (or the waywrn crew) or that you are somehow more sartorially advanced than they are, you are in la-la land. Nothing I've seen you post has any congruence to it, and it seems like you rarely consider context when you're getting dressed (who puts on a waistcoat and tie to go to the batting cages?). You should read this and take the advice seriously, because right now you pile on a lot of wildness but haven't IMO demonstrated that you can do anything (menswear related) really well.

1 person likes this.
  10. Towers

Towers Senior member

Megarare casual friday fitpic to get this thread back on track;

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  11. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

nice sweater broski

2 people like this.
  13. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

"Sartorially Advanced"

- look at the selfie in my avatar, and look at your selfie. Game Over.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  14. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

One of the most important skills in life is knowing when to .

15. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Oh hey guys, what'd I miss?

:lurk:

16. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

17. eazye

eazye Senior member

Congratulations SZ38R, there are a lot of assholes on SF, but you are the first I've thought necessary to block. Maybe one day you will come out of your deep self-delusion, but I highly doubt it. Carry on gentlemen.

1 person likes this.
  18. Towers

Towers Senior member

I'm 100% convinced you are a troll account at this point. One more for the block list.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  19. size 38R

size 38R Senior member

eazye: i complimented your style many times. encouraged your growth. didn't publicly make fun of your fits( even though i wanted to). i also offered you hospitality, and an olive branch, a chance to talk in person to understand our differences. . - and you wanna go and be a Dick like that?? over Buttons????? are you for real???[​IMG] -am i surprised? no.

i posted where the urban myth of the last button came from, and dispelled it as a old wive's tale.

keep pretending you know it all. and i will keep enjoying new ways to wear my clothes. because any shlub can wear grey pants, a soft blue shirt, navy blazer and a brown grenadine tie. with brown lace-ups. = yawn.

but if you were a customer of mine? i would tell you to wear exactly that. as you want to look like everybody else, see? that's how i made money.
    telling folks to wear boring clothes since you were in high school. now wearing whatever the f#*k i want to. and need no "approval" because dressing to "impress" unknown men on the internet is just weird. i only post to say , i'm wearing this and i don't care if you wouldn't wear the same. actually, it's better that way. you keep dressing like colonel mustard, and i will keep wearing a tie with jeans.

Towers: good try.......

20. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

Guys let us just move forward, Kay?