• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistermidwester

Reaction score
Must have been an Allen Edmonds kind of day for me. Found a NWOT pair of Randolph penny loafers in size 10C. Unworn and lovely, unfortunately not in my size...
5719748313_371057c5a2_z.jpg
Also found two separate pairs of AE Byron cap-toe oxfords in different sizes (9.5D and 12C) at the same store. They're in used, but excellent condition. Oh, and the kicker(!) is a pair of women's fire-engine red vintage Nocona cowboy boots. Too small for my wife in size 6, but if anyone wants them for their S.O., holla.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mistermidwester
Must have been an Allen Edmonds kind of day for me. Found a NWOT pair of Randolph penny loafers in size 10C. Unworn and lovely, unfortunately not in my size...

5719748313_371057c5a2_z.jpg

Wow - nice. Oddly enough, I found a pair of Allen Edmonds Grayson loafers in a size 10 C yesterday. Worn once by the looks of it. Barely scuffed on the bottoms and very little creasing on the leather.

Kitontini

Reaction score
Hit a few stores today. Found Bruno Magli loafers in size 10.5; pretty decent shape. Found a Polo RL Suit with working button-holes; Marked a Size 47 Long, but fits more like a 50 Long.
laugh.gif
Best Finds were an Oxxford Blazer, Size 43 Long (Pictured Below). And a NWT Stefano Ricci Shirt, Size 15.5, 65% Linen and 35% Silk (Picture Below).....

Oxxford
P1020198.jpg

P1020199.jpg

Stefano Ricci
P1020195.jpg

P1020196.jpg

P1020197.jpg

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikeH
By the way, can anyone tell me if this Armani is real? I'll wear it anyway, but I am curious.
It is real and is at least 10 years old or older.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
double post..please ignore.

amadar

Reaction score
Found some StefanoBi Loafers today. These aren't really discussed that much on SF, anybody have any info on them? A few questions as these are going to go on the b/s....

1) The shoes have really sweet antiquing throughout, but you can clearly see the dark streak/smudge on the shoe (and there are a few more smaller dark smudges other places)....what is this? Botched antique/polish job?

2) They say they are size 9.5.....but I can't find any mention of width.....also would these be U.K. or U.S. sizing?

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

lilmann40

Reaction score
Went and picked up a bunch of stuff today as well. One thing that sucks right now is that I don't know a lot of the higher end brands mentioned in here, so I'm sure I've passed a lot of good stuff. Especially with the ties and blazers. I see a lot of Made in Italy and Paris stuff, just don't know if it's any good! Ahh oh well, it's a learning experience!

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amadar
Found some StefanoBi Loafers today. These aren't really discussed that much on SF, anybody have any info on them? A few questions as these are going to go on the b/s....

Awesome score! I got some once in a trade from a SF Bay area member. I know they're sold at Bergdorf Goodman and Wilkes Bashford. They make shoes for Domenico Vacca and Berluti and are very well made. Price point is $700+ (kinda guessing on this, maybe someone knows for sure).

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kitontini
an Oxxford Blazer, Size 43 Long (Pictured Below). And a NWT Stefano Ricci Shirt, Size 15.5, 65% Linen and 35% Silk (Picture Below).....

Oxxford
P1020198.jpg

Nice... I have that EXACT SAME blazer... $1 at GW.
laugh.gif
It's actually pretty useful IMO.

I've been taking a bit of a break, constant busts and busy family stuff have all come to a head. At least there's been a BIT of relief on the gas prices, though not much! Maybe I'll go out some this upcoming week.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention something a bit unusual that I ended up passing on - a pair of Church's leather slippers.

I tried them on and they were too small - felt like a UK9.5-10. They were only $5 and would not cost much to ship. I can grab them if someone wants them.

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention in my tie post a page or so back, that I passed on a mtm Oxxford, tropical weight, navy blue jacket. It was most likely an orphaned suit jacket, needed some easily done work on the lining and the gorge was a bit low. I'm guessing it was in the 42 R range. I could proxy if anyone is interested. Let me know and I'll stop back and do some measurements.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMG_8860.jpg
how much would the forum say that these thrifted ties are worth per, considering that they are not new from a retail shop, but thrifted, even if in like-new condition? These ties were not owned by Berlusconi, but made by the tens of thousands to be given out by gifts amongst his administration to others. I am curious, as the owner wants $125 per tie - I think that is very high - am I missing something? (Ignore the fact the seller purchased these ties at $1 per tie) Thanks! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads