1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woolnotmutton

woolnotmutton Senior member

2. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Nice haul. Pretty sure the yellow V2 shirt is fake. Don't think Versace ever had anything made in the USA and the label is a bit off-center. Still, it must be a well made fake if it's made in the USA!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  3. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

^^^ Nice yellow shirt in any case.

Hey all, I have recently found out those Louis Vuitton shoes in my listing are fake.

Ed gave me the heads up in a previous post and a quick comparison with a pair of authentic LV shoes I had revealed that the serial number was false (LV shoes should have serial number on side or under tongue and read FA xxxx with the xxxx a 4 digit number. My consigned shoes have a 4 digit number but no FA).

Pretend they do not exist in that listing.

150 fucking bucks down the drain. I aint driving to give them back to the store - besides the guy that owned it was a dick, there is a strong likelihood I may just punch him.

4. woolnotmutton

woolnotmutton Senior member

I would really avoid LV/Gucci type of brands for that kind of consigment prices, mainly b/c the chinese has made an art at duping these brands. Although a good quality copy will still probably cost you $80-$100

5. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Hmmm I've been meaning to visit Cali for a while, I'll come help you rough the guy up :devil:

6. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Damn..... :(
    +1. I bought a pair of recent. authentic NWOB Louis Vuitton loafers over the summer. Didn't know they were real but were very well made. Only reason I took the gamble is because they were $1.

7. freddych

freddych Senior member

With this method, isn't it easy for them to simply "tag" the return item in the same manner and send it back to you? Or in the alternative, how would this prove your case if they alleged that you tagged a perfectly good reel, and that you never sent the good reel, and sent an untagged bad reel?

In the end, it still ends up being your word against the buyers and it seems like paypal would side with the buyer on this one if they went ahead and returned a different item. I don't see any good way to establish that the item you sent was in fact the item pictured in the auction without some element of personal testimony.

8. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Make a video tape of you putting the item in the box, make sure the camera never leaves the box/item and make sure there are no breaks in the feed. Maybe this would work?

9. div25sec9

div25sec9 Senior member

Ebay has skewed everything to the buyer, so it wouldn't matter. The "Buyer Protection" thing is a license to do whatever they want.

10. GHo

GHo Senior member

sell them on ebay. note they are fake, but see if you can get $150 in a buy it now listing. worth a shot. will cost you some bucks in fees, but you could at least get the majority back.

11. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Oh I bet I could sell them, but wont. Just not part of my ethics. Those shoes will now be used as beaters when I go hicking or beach strolls. Only problem is I am not sure I actually like them.

Hilarious ;)

12. Hoofit

Hoofit Senior member

Magnanni from yesterday. Very nice looking pair of shoes. Too bad they are too small. 7D :facepalm:
    [​IMG]

13. datsunfan

datsunfan Senior member

I found a Huntsman tweed today. What is the difference between the bespoke and the "so-called bespoke?" The one I've got only has the pocket tag indicating the make date (1984) and customer. It is a one-button with working cuffs. I'll post pics when I get it back from the cleaners. Hopefully they will be able to get the 1" spot out of the fabric. It is located right next to the front-buttonhole so it is very noticeable.

14. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

very interested in this, seems it could save everyone money here on the forum i think we should try to spread this through the forum, (i wonder if they have the same tax deal as paypal and google checkout :D)

15. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

I thought I saw on here over the summer someone said to list them on Craigslist and note that they are replica's?????

16. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

17. mainy

mainy Senior member

I had a terrific day today. Recent Canali suit, St Andrews suit (tiny hole in pants, but still worth picking up), about 12 recent ties (Zegna, Paul Stuart, Armani), couple Robert Graham shirts, recent pair of Zegna wool slacks, 2 pair of AE shell cordovan shoes and the pièce de résistance... Polo Ralph Lauren hand knit 9/11 commemorative sweater. Looks like it should go for around $400 on Ebay. :slayer: :slayer:

18. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

^^^ Very respectable finds.

19. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

^^Guess I'll just sleep in tomorrow, then...

20. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Not too bad of a day. Got my first ever Canali tie!! And it's a pretty nice design, at that

[​IMG][​IMG]

Would love some help on this one..."Forga" with what appears to be a French address. Nice design, skinny, and feels like decent fabric, but I can't find a damn thing about them online. I'm guessing it's some small unknown boutique shop or something, so oh well...it's a nice tie and I'll definitely wear it. Anyone have any idea?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Also got a BB Makers "All Supima" (also my first Supima find) that's in mint condition. I'd normally pass over a BB Makers, but Supima seems to be relatively well desired.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A nice PRL sweater that I would normally pass over, but fits me like a glove and is in terrific condition:

[​IMG]

Finally, another item I'd normally pass over but fit me like an absolute glove and fills a gap in my closet - A nice Southwick tweed jacket. I actually like the consistency/feel of this one better than the Harris Tweed stuff I've seen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, passed on an Irish made "Donegal handwoven 'Magee'" tweed jacket. They seem to do pretty well on the bay (http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_nkw...n+tweed&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313) considering it was $7, but it had 2 small moth holes near the 2 vents in the back, so I passed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.