• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican
You "Lanvin" blazer is almost certainly licensed crap, unless it's *very* recent.

Well, it was $4.50, so I'll survive. But thanks for letting me know. As I said, this thread has a way of making me feel insignificant.
worship.gif

jmacak

Reaction score
Hi

The other day I took a walk a lunch to the 'nearby' VV.

Didn't see much until I noticed a Kiton suit--I don't see those too often. Looked at the size, 56, dang it. I tried it on hoping that maybe it wasn't -really- that big. No luck, it's really too large for me (~40).

I went back and forth about picking it up to sell (I've never done that). But, it had a couple of small marks and I don't know how 'perfect' others want something to be before they show any interest. (If it fit me, I would have picked it up in a heartbeat.)

So, I left it.

I'm heading back today to see if it's still there. I can always return it if no-one is interested.

cheers

joe in seattle

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jmacak
Hi

Didn't see much until I noticed a Kiton suit--I don't see those too often. Looked at the size, 56, dang it. I tried it on hoping that maybe it wasn't -really- that big. No luck, it's really too large for me (~40).

I went back and forth about picking it up to sell (I've never done that). But, it had a couple of small marks and I don't know how 'perfect' others want something to be before they show any interest. (If it fit me, I would have picked it up in a heartbeat.)

So, I left it.

I'm heading back today to see if it's still there. I can always return it if no-one is interested.

cheers

joe in seattle

id probably be interested if its a euro 56.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cpmac7
Evidence.......
IMG_8860.jpg
IMG_8863.jpg
IMG_8862.jpg
IMG_8861.jpg
Listening to offers

knowing how Silvio likes to party there might be some DNA on those ties
uhoh.gif

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cpmac7
Evidence.......

IMG_8860.jpg

Listening to offers

wtb one on the right. Probably way more than I'd want to pay though. Rather just buy a normal Marinella tie without the name, lol. Having a billionaires tie doesn't really sound that great to me. Design is awesome though, as per normal for marinella!

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
picked up a like-new Hugo Boss made in Italy tie for only $2.99. ok, it's not a Canali or Zegna tie but it was cheap and I liked the pattern

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lilmann40
My pickups from today. Could have picked up a whole lot more.

I'm thinking this Armani Collezioni must be from within the past few years judging from the tag, can anybody confirm? It's MINT...maybe even never worn.

The Armani is 100000% fake.

jmacak

Reaction score
Hi

So, I left it.

cheers

joe in seattle

Hi

I don't know why a Kiton suit will hang around at the thrift store for a few days. Especially when the Staffords fly off the hangers.

Anyway, went back to the VV and picked up the Kiton for 20 bucks. I'll have to get my wife to take a couple of pics (just so you can see.) I'll try to get her to snap a couple of shots of the Kiton I got from Goodwill a couple of weeks ago. Surprisingly, that one cost me only 15 bucks. And, happily, it is a size 40, which fits.

Sometimes the pricing at the thrift stores can be a little skewed.

cheers

joe in seattle

Stewie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
So it's been stupid slow here lately with clothing/high-end stuff, so I've been keeping an eye out for cool vintage stuff as well. Today I came upon these two canvass paintings. Awesome mid-century modern pieces. Have no clue about either except they're done by the same artist. Are these worth looking into or should I just toss em up on CL for $30/each? If they're not worth much, I also may just hang them in the office here, as they kinda fit the vintage theme I have going on. Both have the painting name on the back of the frames. The backs were covered in spiderwebs when I picked them up. Looked like they were hanging in someone's garage for the past 40 years.

Great paintings. Probably could get more than $30 unless you just want to get rid of quickly. If I had those, I would probably try for like $65 each or $110 for the pair. Should sell pretty quickly, as they are an interesting size and format as well.

D.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi

I don't know why a Kiton suit will hang around at the thrift store for a few days. Especially when the Staffords fly off the hangers.

Anyway, went back to the VV and picked up the Kiton for 20 bucks. I'll have to get my wife to take a couple of pics (just so you can see.) I'll try to get her to snap a couple of shots of the Kiton I got from Goodwill a couple of weeks ago. Surprisingly, that one cost me only 15 bucks. And, happily, it is a size 40, which fits.

cheers

joe in seattle

Bravo, dude. I thrift in Seattle and sure haven't ever seen a Kiton.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi

cheers

joe in seattle

Two Kiton suits within one month is amazing. Hell, finding a Kiton suit in itself is amazing.....

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Hi

cheers

joe in seattle

VERY interested! Could you provide some measurements and pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads