• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkoernert

Reaction score
Went out today and got a Zegna shirt, 4 YSL ties, Gucci tie, a Charvet tie, and a knit tie that says Westchester Classics on it. Spent less than $20 total, pretty good day.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkoernert
Went out today and got a Zegna shirt, 4 YSL ties, Gucci tie, a Charvet tie, and a knit tie that says Westchester Classics on it. Spent less than $20 total, pretty good day.

Nice. I'm curious how the Zegna fits. I've yet to buy or find one bearing any relation to what's printed on the tag.

Also, I copped a 'Lacoste-inspired' shirt this week. Had to. It's still pretty cool...
fistbump.gif

dkoernert

Reaction score
The Zegna fits me pretty well, a tad baggy, could be a little more slim-fit, but its definitely wearable. If it winds up not working out, I'm sure I'll have no problem getting rid of it.

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting day today... not much find-wise but it was entertaining.

Saw a Sherwin Williams shirt, black long-sleeves - it had been dipped in red paint. Guessing it was some sort of an internal employee inspiration thing - literally the bottom half of the shirt was coated in paint. Should have taken a picture, but I just laughed and moved on. I like seeing crazy stuff like that - I think I posted awhile back where someone had tie-died a Brooks Brothers shirt I otherwise might have picked up.
biggrin.gif

Almost picked this up just for the sheer novelty - but the only Ebay listing I saw didn't sell, and it was about 3.5-3.75 wide so I didn't see myself wearing it, and at the $5 asking price... eh. If anyone particularly likes AE, I'll proxy it, but I really didn't think it was worth the risk to pick up.
IMG_20110428_192504.jpg

The two pickups for the day: Bill's Khakis seersucker pants, tagged 38. Confident these are NWOT - inspection paper is still in the pocket and has never been washed, and the basting from the tag is still there. Finally, a T&A shirt in a really interesting pattern. It's about a 15.75/34. Only downside is a monogram, which actually blends with the shirt pretty well so it's not a big deal. Add two inches to each dimension, please, thrifting karma!
ffffuuuu.gif

P1060601.jpg

Staatsoper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler27
Definitely jelly. It amazes me that they can't even copy the names correctly

Don't think they want to copy the names exactly...this way, it's not really a knock-off, just deception...which isn't too good, either.

JMayle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWGP
Interesting day today... not much find-wise but it was entertaining.

Same, today I found about 7-8 Waffle House themed ties, hilarious but god awful at the same time.

I did snag a Brooks Brothers navy camel hair sc that fits perfectly, shame I won't be able to wear it for 6 months.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hmmurdock
The right two I'm sure are legit. The two on the left are tagged as if from the 70 - 80's and I'm not sure if they are the real thing.

Yep, left 2 are fake.

Originally Posted by hmmurdock
Obviously any fakes will have to go up on ebay as a "Hermes inspired" tie.
devil.gif

This will get you zapped. You cannot use the designer name in the auction TITLE with anything alluding towards "inspired", etc. Dont do it.

Originally Posted by JMayle
Same, today I found about 7-8 Waffle House themed ties, hilarious but god awful at the same time

Can you proxy those? I ask this seriously.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker

Can you proxy those? I ask this seriously.

Want a chick fil a tie? LMAO!

Was going to grab a roland audio gear tie the other day so i could say i grabbed a roland in a thrift too, but i forgot it
frown.gif

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
You forgot a Roland in a thrift????

guilty as charged... in the box and everything.... 14.99 - but it was only some small small thing, not a whole box so I wasn't sure it was worth anything since it was just an addon or something. was still going to pick it up but I got rushed for time and forgot to pick it up. figured out later it would've flipped for 50+ bucks... doh!

Xenos

Reaction score
Recent shirts: Truzzi, Borrelli, Turnbull & Asser, Etro, Decoy (Italia);

IMG_0616.jpg

Ties: Sulka, Carroll & Co., Dunhill Tailors, unknown;

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0612.jpg

Zegna, Hermes, Zegna, Ben Silver.

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics