Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfador

Wolfador Senior member

Got a BB Brookease pinstripe suit (size 38) and a BB Sportcoat (size 43L) Nothing for me though [​IMG]

2. Chico2007

Chico2007 Senior member

Got a BB Brookease pinstripe suit (size 38) and a BB Sportcoat (size 41L)

Nothing for me though [​IMG]

I'd offer a trade on the pinstripe suit, but if your sizes in your profile are correct, I don't think I have anything to trade.

3. Wolfador

Wolfador Senior member

I'd offer a trade on the pinstripe suit, but if your sizes in your profile are correct, I don't think I have anything to trade.
    Let me verify the sizes and get some pictures, as the jacket is not marked, only the pants were marked 32 so i was going off a 6 drop. I'd be will to trade it for a tie if you had any [​IMG]

4. 16simon

16simon Member

Two days spent scouring TK Maxx turned up a canvassed Costume National Homme suit for £250. Score!!

5. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

SCOAR......

NWT Tumi Garment Bag with all the documents and locks etc. for $50.00
    Massimo Bizzochi grenadine tie for $1.25
    ROCKEN.

Nice!!! [​IMG]

6. 951socal

951socal Senior member

Two days spent scouring TK Maxx turned up a canvassed Costume National Homme suit for £250. Score!!

Thats a hell of a deal, they only have Calvin Klien white label stuff at mine :S

7. Temujin

Temujin Senior member

All Allen Edmonds, all 13 EEE:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

Had a near miss today: cashier had my card in hand and was about to swipe it when I noticed a tear at the bottom of a pocket on a pair of Bills... in my size. [​IMG] I'm pretty sure she thought I was nuts when I suddenly yelped "Hey, wait! I'm not getting them after all!" but I was glad I saved myself the 2.29. Coulda bar tacked the tear in place but they were just some summer poplins in M2P so nothing super-rare.

Only actual pickup was a pair of Bills in size 37, oddly enough. Pun not intended... *rimshot*

Found a BB 1818 Madison jacket that fit me okay, but no pants. Didn't look all that hard for them - it was a 50 or 52 so I figured sales would be near impossible and frankly the 1818 isn't all THAT nice.

9. 951socal

951socal Senior member

Had a near miss today: cashier had my card in hand and was about to swipe it when I noticed a tear at the bottom of a pocket on a pair of Bills... in my size. [​IMG] I'm pretty sure she thought I was nuts when I suddenly yelped "Hey, wait! I'm not getting them after all!" but I was glad I saved myself the 2.29. Coulda bar tacked the tear in place but they were just some summer poplins in M2P so nothing super-rare.

Only actual pickup was a pair of Bills in size 37, oddly enough. Pun not intended... *rimshot*

Found a BB 1818 Madison jacket that fit me okay, but no pants. Didn't look all that hard for them - it was a 50 or 52 so I figured sales would be near impossible and frankly the 1818 isn't all THAT nice.

pants are $2.29 there?
    What the fuck thats cheapoer than i get my TIES for

10. csoukoulis

csoukoulis Senior member

pants are $2.29 there?
    What the fuck thats cheapoer than i get my TIES for

Picked up a NWT pair of Burberry linen pants in my size the other day for $1.99. The smaller non-chain stores are hit and miss, but alot of them have cheap ass prices.

11. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

I have found the more wrinkled an item is the cheaper it is...go figure!

D.

12. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

The smaller non-chain stores are hit and miss, but alot of them have cheap ass prices.

+1 - this particular kind of store - more of a "junk store" than anything - very very rarely has anything at all in any department. But when they do it's cheap!

Rest assured that pants are not that cheap anywhere that has even semi-decent odds of finding anything, at least without lightning striking. [​IMG]

13. csoukoulis

csoukoulis Senior member

+1 - this particular kind of store - more of a "junk store" than anything - very very rarely has anything at all in any department. But when they do it's cheap!

Rest assured that pants are not that cheap anywhere that has even semi-decent odds of finding anything, at least without lightning striking. [​IMG]

Most of the pants around here are 4.99 or less. SA is sometimes 6-7 dollars and one place i go to they're 8-10.

14. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Really? Pants seem to be the one thing people are clueless about. I got all mine for a buck at Goodwill's $1 outlet store -- RLPLs and Zanellas that braved the rough waters of the $6 Goodwills.

[​IMG]

15. datsunfan

datsunfan Senior member

Found a nice Soren Skifter tie today. Also, found some nice Guayaberas Jack guayaberas for $4 each.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.