The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfador

Wolfador Senior member

Got a BB Brookease pinstripe suit (size 38) and a BB Sportcoat (size 43L) Nothing for me though [​IMG]

2. Chico2007

Chico2007 Senior member

Got a BB Brookease pinstripe suit (size 38) and a BB Sportcoat (size 41L)

Nothing for me though [​IMG]

I'd offer a trade on the pinstripe suit, but if your sizes in your profile are correct, I don't think I have anything to trade.

3. Wolfador

Wolfador Senior member

I'd offer a trade on the pinstripe suit, but if your sizes in your profile are correct, I don't think I have anything to trade.
    Let me verify the sizes and get some pictures, as the jacket is not marked, only the pants were marked 32 so i was going off a 6 drop. I'd be will to trade it for a tie if you had any [​IMG]

4. 16simon

16simon Member

Two days spent scouring TK Maxx turned up a canvassed Costume National Homme suit for £250. Score!!

5. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

SCOAR......

NWT Tumi Garment Bag with all the documents and locks etc. for $50.00
    Massimo Bizzochi grenadine tie for $1.25
    ROCKEN.

Nice!!! [​IMG]

6. 951socal

951socal Senior member

Two days spent scouring TK Maxx turned up a canvassed Costume National Homme suit for £250. Score!!

Thats a hell of a deal, they only have Calvin Klien white label stuff at mine :S

7. Temujin

Temujin Senior member

All Allen Edmonds, all 13 EEE:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

Had a near miss today: cashier had my card in hand and was about to swipe it when I noticed a tear at the bottom of a pocket on a pair of Bills... in my size. [​IMG] I'm pretty sure she thought I was nuts when I suddenly yelped "Hey, wait! I'm not getting them after all!" but I was glad I saved myself the 2.29. Coulda bar tacked the tear in place but they were just some summer poplins in M2P so nothing super-rare.

Only actual pickup was a pair of Bills in size 37, oddly enough. Pun not intended... *rimshot*

Found a BB 1818 Madison jacket that fit me okay, but no pants. Didn't look all that hard for them - it was a 50 or 52 so I figured sales would be near impossible and frankly the 1818 isn't all THAT nice.

9. 951socal

951socal Senior member

Had a near miss today: cashier had my card in hand and was about to swipe it when I noticed a tear at the bottom of a pocket on a pair of Bills... in my size. [​IMG] I'm pretty sure she thought I was nuts when I suddenly yelped "Hey, wait! I'm not getting them after all!" but I was glad I saved myself the 2.29. Coulda bar tacked the tear in place but they were just some summer poplins in M2P so nothing super-rare.

Only actual pickup was a pair of Bills in size 37, oddly enough. Pun not intended... *rimshot*

Found a BB 1818 Madison jacket that fit me okay, but no pants. Didn't look all that hard for them - it was a 50 or 52 so I figured sales would be near impossible and frankly the 1818 isn't all THAT nice.

pants are $2.29 there?
    What the fuck thats cheapoer than i get my TIES for

10. csoukoulis

csoukoulis Senior member

pants are $2.29 there?
    What the fuck thats cheapoer than i get my TIES for

Picked up a NWT pair of Burberry linen pants in my size the other day for $1.99. The smaller non-chain stores are hit and miss, but alot of them have cheap ass prices.

11. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

I have found the more wrinkled an item is the cheaper it is...go figure!

D.

12. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

The smaller non-chain stores are hit and miss, but alot of them have cheap ass prices.

+1 - this particular kind of store - more of a "junk store" than anything - very very rarely has anything at all in any department. But when they do it's cheap!

Rest assured that pants are not that cheap anywhere that has even semi-decent odds of finding anything, at least without lightning striking. [​IMG]

13. csoukoulis

csoukoulis Senior member

+1 - this particular kind of store - more of a "junk store" than anything - very very rarely has anything at all in any department. But when they do it's cheap!

Rest assured that pants are not that cheap anywhere that has even semi-decent odds of finding anything, at least without lightning striking. [​IMG]

Most of the pants around here are 4.99 or less. SA is sometimes 6-7 dollars and one place i go to they're 8-10.

14. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Really? Pants seem to be the one thing people are clueless about. I got all mine for a buck at Goodwill's $1 outlet store -- RLPLs and Zanellas that braved the rough waters of the $6 Goodwills.

[​IMG]

15. datsunfan

datsunfan Senior member

Found a nice Soren Skifter tie today. Also, found some nice Guayaberas Jack guayaberas for $4 each.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.