• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

floors to go

Reaction score
Been at this for roughly 6 months and slowing building my wardrobe. This thread has been such a help.

Today after about ten stops with nothing. Found an older Borelli in excellent shape with the thick buttons. After that found more and ended up finding the whole donation. Unfortunately the shirts are a little to big, but the pants fit

All 15.5/39
1 - Borelli Napoli, 1 - Zegna, 4 - Canali

Pair of Brioni and Canali pants

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, I will go and get the Nicky's ties. They were cool.
So, I am having surgery on May 6th, so I will be a non-thrifter by way of I cant walk for 4 weeks.

EBTX66

Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Ok, I will go and get the Nicky's ties. They were cool.
So, I am having surgery on May 6th, so I will be a non-thrifter by way of I cant walk for 4 weeks.

Good luck with that, brother! Let me know if you need something in particular while you're laid up and I'll keep my eyes open for you. Of course, you might have better luck asking Knight Rider to keep his eyes peeled.
laugh.gif

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
Any of these worth grabbing?

footjoy golf shoes
Burberry jeans (black,super-baggy, plaid back pocket) $12
Burberry casual button-down (khaki, plaid conrast lining a la Cam from Modern Family)
$10

shog[1].gif

No.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by csoukoulis
Yea it sucks, but at least i get to drive this bad motherfucker all day! LOL j/k

SANY0430.jpg

Is that a Ram Air??? I love saying that.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EBTX66
How did that job interview go?
devil.gif

havent had it yet. too busy thrifting! LMAO

Originally Posted by EBTX66
Of course, you might have better luck asking Knight Rider to keep his eyes peeled.
laugh.gif

uhoh.gif

Originally Posted by jkidd41011
Is that a Ram Air??? I love saying that.

No. Gutted the airbox to flow better than the WS6. Made 290hp/321tq to the tires through an auto. not bad for a stock car rated at 305/335 to the crank!

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Snaggged today:
VTG Sulka skinny tie
Christian Dior (i know but i like the pattern) Brown Paisley Tie......silk no poly!
Battistoni Tie
VTG Burberry Striped Tie
Recent Brooks Brothers Makers Tie
Brooks Brothers White dress shirt

ctp120

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
Yep. <raises hand>

That was me.

Fail.gif

dig,

If you are half as good-natured IRL as you come across on this forum, you're one helluva good dude.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Nice find. I love the old Duck Hunter &quot;beo gam&quot; pattern. You don't see it at all anymore. I had a t-shirt in this pattern a long time ago and wore 'till it was paper thin. Wish I could find another....

Recently found a winter jacket in this pattern made for the old Burger Brothers Sporting Goods stores here in Minnesota before they changed to Holiday and then to Gander Mountain. Probably dates from the late 70's/early 80's.

Reaction score
Been lurking the thread for a while and I thought it was time to post some stuff that I've thrifted over the past few months:

IMG_4142.jpg

From L-R: Equestrian, Faconnable, Brooks Brothers Makers, & Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece

IMG_4140.jpg

L-R: J. Press, Robert Talbott(dont really like this one but this was one of my first tie thrifts), Chistian Dior (has tiny, barely noticeable stain/spot that you can see if you look close)

IMG_4137.jpg

L-R: Unknown Brand(Label says "Made in Scotland, 100% New Wool, ROSS" - I love the pattern), Faconnable, Faconnable

IMG_4138.jpg

L-R: Austin Reed, Nordstrom(100% Wool), Oaktree(Wool/Poly Blend), London Tower(wool?)

IMG_4132.jpg

Used pair of Russel Moccasin Co. Mocks in 8.5D in good condition but they fit me big. Went to their website and they state that they run about a half size larger than stated. Will probably sell this

IMG_4144.jpg

IMG_4146.jpg

Top - Coach Belt (32) in brown, Bottom - Trafalgar belt (32) black

Also found 2 J Crew button dress shirts in Blue(100%) and White(80's 2-ply cotton) in my size - 14.5*32. It so hard to find stuff in my size but I make do

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SCOAR......

NWT Tumi Garment Bag with all the documents and locks etc. for $50.00
Massimo Bizzochi grenadine tie for $1.25
ROCKEN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads