Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenos

Xenos Senior member

2. csoukoulis

csoukoulis Senior member

I really wish I were a 17.5.

[​IMG]

What size are you? interested in trading for anything?

3. Navi

Navi Senior member

[​IMG]

God damn, I need to find stores like the ones you go to.

I haven't found anything near decent in WEEKS. I dunno what the fuck is happening but I've basically just completely stopped going out. A couple days of wasting $30+ of gas and finding NOTHING is really irritating and a huge kick to my wallet which has been slowly shrinking this past month anyways.

Damnit!

4. yates

yates Member

Selected items from today's haul:

1 Tan Holt Renfrew blazer 9.99
    1 Grey Baroni blazer, cashmere/wool 9.99
    1 silk Geoffrey Beene tie 4.99

The Baroni blazer is a bit long but a good fit in the shoulders and sleeves. According to online sources these blazers retail 480-690. Not sure if this is the general price for this label, perhaps someone has a better idea?

5. seanmj

seanmj Well-Known Member

6. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

[​IMG]

Straight Wowzers

7. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

I really wish I were a 17.5. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I haven't found anything near decent in WEEKS. I dunno what the fuck is happening but I've basically just completely stopped going out. A couple days of wasting $30+ of gas and finding NOTHING is really irritating and a huge kick to my wallet which has been slowly shrinking this past month anyways. Damnit!
    Same here, so I feel your pain. Going thrifting now seems more like a waste of time and just a huge headache in general, especially with gas prices on the rise.

8. csoukoulis

csoukoulis Senior member

Same here, so I feel your pain. Going thrifting now seems more like a waste of time and just a huge headache in general, especially with gas prices on the rise.

You need to take a trip south!

9. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

God damn, I need to find stores like the ones you go to. I haven't found anything near decent in WEEKS. I dunno what the fuck is happening but I've basically just completely stopped going out. A couple days of wasting $30+ of gas and finding NOTHING is really irritating and a huge kick to my wallet which has been slowly shrinking this past month anyways. Damnit!
    +1 to all of it... my moving options are now between Toronto, CA, and mayyyybe Dallas. [​IMG] Yeah, seriously - here the stores are fairly spread out and it's very possible to spend more on gas than you find, either for yourself or to sell. I don't mind so much if I at least find something small for me, and I *have* had some very limited good luck lately, but the days of completely striking out right after putting gas in the car are very demoralizing.

10. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

You need to take a trip south!
    After seeing what you and EBTX66 find, I really should. Maybe just a week to lighten my spirits. It's getting depressing up here.
    Yeah, seriously - here the stores are fairly spread out and it's very possible to spend more on gas than you find, either for yourself or to sell. I don't mind so much if I at least find something small for me, and I *have* had some very limited good luck lately, but the days of completely striking out right after putting gas in the car are very demoralizing.
    Same here. Even if I don't find something for myself, I'd like to at least find something to sell to recoup the $20 in gas I just spent, not to mention that I hate driving in general which really doesn't help.

11. csoukoulis

csoukoulis Senior member

but the days of completely striking out right after putting gas in the car are very demoralizing.

Yea my Trans Am gets like 10 city 18 hwy and runs on premium LMAO. My "full day" trips usually consist of 10-15 stores and a 100-150 mile loop approx. 1/2 city 1/2 hwy. Luckily i haven't stuck out in a while.

12. Navi

Navi Senior member

Yea my Trans Am gets like 10 city 18 hwy and runs on premium LMAO. My "full day" trips usually consist of 10-15 stores and a 100-150 mile loop approx. 1/2 city 1/2 hwy. Luckily i haven't stuck out in a while.

Shit man. It's bad enough for me as it is getting around 20 mpg highway with regular gas. I have a 45 minute commute almost 5 days a week, which makes it all the worse- I've been having to fill my tank up pretty much every other day lately.

Times be hard for us thrifters. [​IMG]

13. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Wow - I thought I had it bad in the Volvo which averages about 22-23. I gotta put Premium in, though. [​IMG] If I drove the Scirocco I could get 35-ish but I don't want to drive that on rainy/stormy days which seems to be dominating the forecast as of late.

14. csoukoulis

csoukoulis Senior member

Wow - I thought I had it bad in the Volvo which averages about 22-23. I gotta put Premium in, though. [​IMG]

If I drove the Scirocco I could get 35-ish but I don't want to drive that on rainy/stormy days which seems to be dominating the forecast as of late.

Yea it sucks, but at least i get to drive this bad motherfucker all day! LOL j/k

[​IMG]

15. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Hey, it is a nice looking ride! Even if it sucks gas, the drive probably makes half the fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.