Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelWithACause

RebelWithACause Senior member

Two shirts today, I didn't realize dunhill shirts were made in Italy. Passed on 4 canali shirts that didn't fit, also a shirt from The Shirt Shop (Store?), that was to big. I found a new goodwill outlet center, should be hitting it this week. PM me if your interested in the shirts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

I've found Alfred Dunhill stuff to be very nice. Some of their tailored stuff is made by Zegna.

3. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

and Tom Ford

[​IMG]

3 years of doing this and I have never seen a tom ford anything!

4. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Don't feel bad - I've been going for 10 years now and have never seen a Tom Ford either.

5. Xenos

Xenos Senior member

^^^If it makes anyone feel any better, while I do have a pretty good poker face, when I saw the TF, I did mutter "Good Lord!"

6. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

Had a glorious day today. Sadly everything is a size larger than I would normally wear, however, after trying on it's not too bad. The sleeves are all too long but that's easy to fix. Chest and collar look good. Should I keep or sell? What say you? Lorenzini [​IMG] Brioni [​IMG] Borrelli (thickest MOP evar) [​IMG] Brioni [​IMG] Thanks!

7. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

8. Tyrone MacStiophain

Tyrone MacStiophain Senior member

P. Bateman - to my inexpert eye, all of those shirts are too big for you. The shoulder seams are hanging off the ends of your shoulders, instead of resting where your clavicle meets your shoulder. This is how I wore my shirts until about 6 months ago, but now I can't go back. That's my $.02, anyway.

9. BBC

BBC Senior member

Had a glorious day today. Sadly everything is a size larger than I would normally wear, however, after trying on it's not too bad. The sleeves are all too long but that's easy to fix. Chest and collar look good. Should I keep or sell? What say you?

Sell - the shoulders are all too big. Sell them and buy one shirt that fits you really well.

10. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

Damn. Thanks guys. I really liked these, particularly the brown & white stripe Brioni.

11. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

Out of curiousity, what size are those shirts?

12. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Damn. Thanks guys. I really liked these, particularly the brown & white stripe Brioni.

Actually, with the sleeves shortened this one looks like it'd fit you pretty well. Can't tell how well it fits in the neck, though. Nice haul!

13. Navi

Navi Senior member

Had a glorious day today. Sadly everything is a size larger than I would normally wear, however, after trying on it's not too bad. The sleeves are all too long but that's easy to fix. Chest and collar look good. Should I keep or sell? What say you? Thanks!
    Epic finds! Borelli and 2nd brioni are great, they'll prob look pretty great with some alterations (note, cant see too well as im on my phone now, nice patterns though) ! I'd be glad to take em off your hands but they don't look much like 14.5's [​IMG] Holy shit Tom Ford what?!

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Don't feel bad - I've been going for 10 years now and have never seen a Tom Ford either.
    If it makes you feel better, he's only been around under his own label for 6 years. [​IMG]

15. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] Sleeve: 25.1, Shoulder: 20.8, Chest: 24 CANALI OUT OF NOWHERE!!!!1 [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.